HGSE 2016

aina7

11 minutes ago, dear_valentine07 said:

I'm a TFA alum so I'm not sure if that's why...I'm kind of wondering if this TFA person applied to Ed Policy PhD (does that exist?) and that's what this poster meant. That would make more sense because PhD decisions have already been rolled out. Or maybe they're a current TFA corps member, they usually do have interesting relationships with schools. 

I guess we can't be sure unless that person shares here, but my guess is that whatever happened, it is not indicative of much else for the rest of us :P 

2 hours ago, NOTObsessiveForumChecker said:

Hello!

(Should we be accepted...) Does anyone know if we will get an official snail-mail acceptance letter?

thank you and may your long days be slightly less insufferable in the next week!

I did. I still have it. :)

Hello Everyone,

These words might go into the internet void, but I wanted to express all the emotions many might be experiencing.

Applying to something you have your heart set on is hard.  You imagine how your life would be different with this new opportunity as well as prepare to tell people you failed if rejected.  I am doing my best to not run to the mailbox after work each day to see if anything has arrived.  I know we won't find out until early March, but I cannot help it.  Not knowing is the worst part.  I have had many rejections and much success in my life.  Regardless, I keep going over in my head all my weaknesses.  What will that be the element that causes my rejection?  Particularly, my GRE scores are not representative of my ability.  If I had closed my eyes and filled in answers, rather than actually try, I would have done far better on the quantitative portion of the test. 

I am a visual arts / animation teacher at a gifted urban high school with a master's from a prestigious art school - 3D animation with honors and 3.8 GPA.  I hold a BFA in film-making at top tier art school (number four) with a 3.6 overall GPA and 3.8 concentration.  I have 9 years experience as a production artist and animator for children's television.  My dream is to write and animate interactive children's books. 

This may or may not be enough to secure a spot.  Either way, I am celebrating when I find out!  No matter what, you can always build your own path.  Good luck to everyone out there!  I hope your dreams come true!

8 hours ago, WishfulThinking1214 said:

Hello Everyone,

These words might go into the internet void, but I wanted to express all the emotions many might be experiencing.

Applying to something you have your heart set on is hard.  You imagine how your life would be different with this new opportunity as well as prepare to tell people you failed if rejected.  I am doing my best to not run to the mailbox after work each day to see if anything has arrived.  I know we won't find out until early March, but I cannot help it.  Not knowing is the worst part.  I have had many rejections and much success in my life.  Regardless, I keep going over in my head all my weaknesses.  What will that be the element that causes my rejection?  Particularly, my GRE scores are not representative of my ability.  If I had closed my eyes and filled in answers, rather than actually try, I would have done far better on the quantitative portion of the test. 

I am a visual arts / animation teacher at a gifted urban high school with a master's from a prestigious art school - 3D animation with honors and 3.8 GPA.  I hold a BFA in film-making at top tier art school (number four) with a 3.6 overall GPA and 3.8 concentration.  I have 9 years experience as a production artist and animator for children's television.  My dream is to write and animate interactive children's books. 

This may or may not be enough to secure a spot.  Either way, I am celebrating when I find out!  No matter what, you can always build your own path.  Good luck to everyone out there!  I hope your dreams come true!

Well, one thing, they will be sending the decisions via email first, so running to your mailbox will not help :D

Sounds like your experience and GPA give you a very strong chance!  Without knowing your GRE scores.

3 minutes ago, gradstudenttobe33 said:

Hey everyone! I'm an Ed.M. applicant to the HDP program; anyone know if we get informed of our admission decision via phone call? Or do we only get a phone call if we are admitted? GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Apparently in the past you get a phone call a few days after you've been admitted :)  So, it wouldn't be the first way you'd hear about the decision.

Edited by Heather1011

The anxiety is killing me! This is like therapy for over-planners. In every aspect of my life now, it feels like everything is aligning to make it possible to go to grad school this year.....now if only the acceptance would work out! I read pages upon pages of the Harvard admissions blog to get a sense of student schedules, and basically I reminded myself that I miss student hours. Longer days, but hours of class/homework mixed with lectures, downtime, and social activities. 5 - 9 days left!

HGSE Admissions Office emailed me a question about one of my recommendations. I provided a simple answer to their question. Not a big deal, but it does tell us that they are looking into our recommendations. I'm interpreting this as good news for me; why would they waste time looking into the recommendations for applicants who they don't want to admit? Then again, it might be standard procedure. My response.

Edited by graciasadios

45 minutes ago, graciasadios said:

HGSE Admissions Office emailed me a question about one of my recommendations. I provided a simple answer to their question. Not a big deal, but it does tell us that they are looking into our recommendations. I'm interpreting this as good news for me; why would they waste time looking into the recommendations for applicants who they don't want to admit? Then again, it might be standard procedure. My response.

What was the question?

59 minutes ago, graciasadios said:

Good to know! Thanks for sharing. When did they e-mail you?

25 minutes ago, graciasadios said:

I will gladly send a message to anyone who wants to know the question they asked me. It isn't juicy or anything. I just prefer to keep it private.

Thanks! I'm mostly just wondering if that e-mail was sent recently? I wonder if the're still processing requests :mellow:

1 hour ago, graciasadios said:

If it was a logistical question, that sounds like a good sign (like they are just cross-referencing or something).  Actually, I agree that ANY question is a good sign, because that means they haven't tossed you into a "reject!" pile :D:D 

I would have freaked out if I saw ANY email from HGSE this week!!!

I know it's crazy, we won't hear this early in the week, but I'm still checking...