HGSE 2016

aina7

I was one of the people who started the groupthink that decisions would come out today around 3 pm. Today at 3 pm was just our best estimation based on several data points. The largest data point was the tip that current students were asked to call accepted students next Wednesday. We used that tip and previous year's threads to estimate that decisions would come out today at 3:00 PM EST. Read the previous few pages to see our full rationale. However, we are still not certain that announcements will be today. It is just our best estimate.

With that said, I was intrigued by the comment from current HGSE student @elveintiocho How do you know for sure that decisions are coming today? Do you have inside info?

12 minutes ago, Heather1011 said:

Here's what we know:

2013, 2014, 2015:  First Friday 

2010, 2011, 2012:  Tuesday

Are we some tragic, unprecedented new set of three years? :P

The Ed.M. online submission and materials received deadline for fall 2016 enrollment has now passed. Master's decisions will be made available online in late March 2016.

why is this on their website... it can't be late march right???

6 minutes ago, nrvsandexcited94 said:

The Ed.M. online submission and materials received deadline for fall 2016 enrollment has now passed. Master's decisions will be made available online in late March 2016.

But guys, what about the insider tidbits? People were saying it would be today :mellow:

9 minutes ago, nrvsandexcited94 said:

They always say late March.  They certainly must notify earlier and they do.

2 minutes ago, egbleck said:

But guys, what about the insider tidbits? People were saying it would be today :mellow:

i think it is today.. id ont' think people would screw with us that much, and it makes sense since it matches with the patterns we saw. it is possible were hearing in 12 minutes.. can you believe that? but like @Shlee467 said, its not for sure, and we could wait until next week.. which would be horrible! 

16 minutes ago, graciasadios said:

I was one of the people who started the groupthink that decisions would come out today around 3 pm. Today at 3 pm was just our best estimation based on several data points. The largest data point was the tip that current students were asked to call accepted students next Wednesday. We used that tip and previous year's threads to estimate that decisions would come out today at 3:00 PM EST. Read the previous few pages to see our full rationale. However, we are still not certain that announcements will be today. It is just our best estimate.

With that said, I was intrigued by the comment from current HGSE student @elveintiocho How do you know for sure that decisions are coming today? Do you have inside info?

My understanding is that @elveintiocho is a current HGSE student and has heard some information regarding admissions/the phone-a-thons. 

I have been lurking a little more, and I think you're right, @graciasadios. 3PM is fair although it seems last year it was around 4:30PM - so the best bet is probably 3PM ONWARDS.

18 minutes ago, dear_valentine07 said:

anything?

Nothing here. I'm going to take a deep breath and carry on with my day. If it happens today, I'll be super relieved but if not I'm committing to be okay.lol.

1 minute ago, GAPeachyKeen said:

Nothing here. I'm going to take a deep breath and carry on with my day. If it happens today, I'll be super relieved but if not I'm committing to be okay.lol.

You are strong, my friend. I still have my heart set on today - I'm just hoping it's not too late into the evening. My body is already exhausted from the anxiety and it's only 3:30PM.

OMG I just got an email from HGSE about an invitation to the HGSE reception at AERA. Freaked me out despite already knowing I'm getting a rejection. 

8 minutes ago, gradstudenttobe33 said:

You are strong, my friend. I still have my heart set on today - I'm just hoping it's not too late into the evening. My body is already exhausted from the anxiety and it's only 3:30PM.

I'm not sure that I'm strong. I think this is my attempt to prevent a nervous breakdown.:wacko:

7 minutes ago, GAPeachyKeen said:

I'm not sure that I'm strong. I think this is my attempt to prevent a nervous breakdown.:wacko:

Me too! We are about 25 mins away from the time it seemed to have been sent out last year (according to some admitted students on other forums) - 4:20PM.

This is turning into a freak out forum. Haha.