HGSE 2016

aina7

I haven't cried or screamed, I'm kind of in a state of shock.  I called a few people and was super calmly like "Um I got in." I still can't feel my arms or really move my body.

Congratulations everyone who got in, and best of luck! 

I was rejected, although this makes my decision a bit easier. I'm already finishing up a M.S through JHU, so I'm thinking this probably wouldn't have been the wisest move for me anyway and I'm interpreting it as a sign to try to go straight into applying for positions in higher ed after finishing my degree. 

Penn's Higher Ed program is still very tempting, but I don't think I want any additional debt and don't really need another master level degree especially with my undergrad experiences. Gah! Decisions...decisions... ^_^

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! Hope you'll join this amazing community. Feel free to PM me if I can be of any help in your decision making process! :)

If you were rejected: This is not the end of the world!!! You all have such great resumes, better in many ways than mine, and with HGSE it's always an issue of fit rather than being qualified.  I got rejected a few weeks ago as well, so I feel y'all ^_^ 

Before you (potentially) leave gradcafe forever, I hope you can give back to future users of this community by posting your stats or insights (as much as you are comfortable with) on the results board! 

Accepted! Thank you all for being such a supportive community- it has been so nice to know I haven't been alone in my waiting and excitement!

OMG YES!! I got readmitted again to Harvard this year!!!! Currently a Master of International Affairs student at Columbia, looking at pursuing a dual Master's! Congrats to all--looking forward to meeting you at admit receptions!! Woo!!

1 hour ago, Dracos said:

Congratulations everyone who got in, and best of luck! 

I was rejected, although this makes my decision a bit easier. I'm already finishing up a M.S through JHU, so I'm thinking this probably wouldn't have been the wisest move for me anyway and I'm interpreting it as a sign to try to go straight into applying for positions in higher ed after finishing my degree. 

Penn's Higher Ed program is still very tempting, but I don't think I want any additional debt and don't really need another master level degree especially with my undergrad experiences. Gah! Decisions...decisions... ^_^

I'm sorry to hear that. If it's any consolation, Higher Ed is the most competitive of all HGSE masters to get into, mostly due to them being such a small cohort (as compared to, for example, TIE or IEP which are relatively larger in size).

I just wanted to leave a tip for any future forum reader applying to Higher Ed. You might want to consider applying to Special Studies, which is relatively easier to get into, and then you can take all Higher Ed courses.