HGSE 2016

aina7

On 1/30/2016 at 2:43 PM, elveintiocho said:
54 minutes ago, Heather1011 said:

I'm giving a test tomorrow... followed by PD from 3-4, so I'm going to be watching the clock tick slowly by, instead of being so busy I don't notice the time!! *sigh*

I wish HGSE just could send me a text alert.  "CONGRATS!" :lol:  Maybe that's the future of admissions.  All you technology and higher ed people, get on that! :P 

So, it sounds like many people are expecting decisions to be released tomorrow. With Penn releasing their Higher Ed decisions earlier this week, I would be inclined/hope HGSE would follow with tomorrow. 

Did someone say something about some events going on at HGSE in late March for admitted students? If so, then tomorrow would seem likely. Anyway, fingers crossed for everyone and best of luck! ^_^

Hey everyone! I've been lurking for several months on this thread, just wanted to join in the commiseration over this waiting game! Feel like I'm in limbo, but it's also a great test of patience and stoicism. I'm waiting to hear back from A.I.E. Did anyone else apply? Wishing everyone luck!!! :)

Edited by sunrothko

1 hour ago, sunrothko said:

Hey everyone! I've been lurking for several months on this thread, just wanted to join in the commiseration over this waiting game! Feel like I'm in limbo, but it's also a great test of patience and stoicism. I'm waiting to hear back from A.I.E. Did anyone else apply? Wishing everyone luck!!! :)

Welcome @sunrothko! The more the merrier as we all wait things out for tomorrow. :) 

Edited by mjsmith

Hey guys,

Good luck! I wanted to take a moment to thank y'all for the support and discussion over the last couple of months.

That said, I gotta say all this talk of 3 pm is driving me crazy. I teach in Korea and 3 pm only a bit over an hour away here. I've been fine until now because I taught all morning, but I have no classes for the rest of the day. Now I have nothing to distract me (at least nothing as engaging as my students). Considering that I am mostly likely to hear back around 5-8am Saturday, I wonder how I'll be able to sleep tonight. I'm pretty sure even the slightest cell phone ding will make me jump....Oh well.

Good luck everyone,

KS

3 hours ago, joy27 said:

i am feeling nervous and excited at the same time. all the best to everyone!

3 hours ago, elveintiocho said:

Good luck everyone! :)

2 hours ago, egbleck said:

Good luck everyone! I'm sending out positive vibes to all :D

1 hour ago, KaySsaem said:

Hey guys,

Good luck! I wanted to take a moment to thank y'all for the support and discussion over the last couple of months.

That said, I gotta say all this talk of 3 pm is driving me crazy. I teach in Korea and 3 pm only a bit over an hour away here. I've been fine until now because I taught all morning, but I have no classes for the rest of the day. Now I have nothing to distract me (at least nothing as engaging as my students). Considering that I am mostly likely to hear back around 5-8am Saturday, I wonder how I'll be able to sleep tonight. I'm pretty sure even the slightest cell phone ding will make me jump....Oh well.

Good luck everyone,

KS

Just wanted to wish good luck to us all!

I'd also like to echo what @KaySsaem said, and thank everyone here for the caring, the support, and everything else as we've all gone through this long, exciting, amazing journey together. I wouldn't have made it this far without all y'all!

4 minutes ago, GAPeachyKeen said:

Absolutely. Time will go by much faster than you think though; we'll know our application status before you know it. Can you believe that it's already March 4th? 

Just a few hours left! Can't believe it's already been two full months since we submitted our applications. Now, the worst thing would be if acceptances and rejections didn't get sent out today. Or even if they didn't get sent at 3PM and we're all on our e-mails like: :blink:

Haha I know. I feel like we've all got it in our heads that it must be today! Thank goodness I have to work today; otherwise I would be glued to "research" all day. I think I may have looked up everything there is to know about HGSE available on the internet...

1 minute ago, writegirl said:

Haha I know. I feel like we've all got it in our heads that it must be today! Thank goodness I have to work today; otherwise I would be glued to "research" all day. I think I may have looked up everything there is to know about HGSE available on the internet...

Me too! I feel as though all of us in this thread could become admission reps for the school with all the research we've done. I'm at work right now, eyes glued to this thread. Cheers to low productivity! 

1 hour ago, gradstudenttobe33 said:

Anyone else completely freaking out right now....? :mellow:

28 minutes ago, GAPeachyKeen said:

Absolutely. Time will go by much faster than you think though; we'll know our application status before you know it. Can you believe that it's already March 4th? 

19 minutes ago, writegirl said:

My productivity is down the tubes today. I'm sure I'll be refreshing websites and email often throughout the day. Oh well, at least we're all in this together! :) 

Hi everyone, just to give you an insider tip that all admitted students have already been notified this morning... Just kidding, sorry, I couldn't resist! :D Ok, so this is for real: I can confirm that admissions decisions will go out today. Each individual program is preparing by asking students to make phone calls, upload videos, etc. depending on the program. Once again, good luck to you all!

2 minutes ago, elveintiocho said:

Hi everyone, just to give you an insider tip that all admitted students have already been notified this morning... Just kidding, sorry, I couldn't resist! :D Ok, so this is for real: I can confirm that admissions decisions will go out today. Each individual program is preparing by asking students to make phone calls, upload videos, etc. depending on the program. Once again, good luck to you all!

You gave me a heartattack! Lol. So calls will be going out today as well?

1 minute ago, elveintiocho said:

:o :huh::lol::mellow: This is the emotional roller coaster that I just went through while/after reading your message.lol

7 minutes ago, gradstudenttobe33 said:

You gave me a heartattack! Lol. So calls will be going out today as well?

7 minutes ago, GAPeachyKeen said:

:o :huh::lol::mellow: This is the emotional roller coaster that I just went through while/after reading your message.lol

Haha, sorry for that guys! I just thought a little humor might help you relax... :) I don't think calls will go out today, but that really depends on the program. Each program organizes how they reach out to admitted students (after they get the acceptance email) individually. Some programs don't even do phoneathons and the program director calls you instead.

Edited by elveintiocho

On February 27, 2016 at 8:32 PM, NOTObsessiveForumChecker said:

Hello!

(Should we be accepted...) Does anyone know if we will get an official snail-mail acceptance letter?

thank you and may your long days be slightly less insufferable in the next week!

When I got my snail mail letter, I framed it and gave it to my dad (who had told me to frame my rejection letter upon hearing I applied) :). 

Good luck everyone!!!! Just a thought - when acceptances went out two years ago, they were available on your student portal on the application a couple of hours before the email went out - so you might want to check that throughout the afternoon. We knew to check because someone on here wrote that they had gotten theirs. 

I'm now just waiting for my official rejection to the EdLd program. Maybe next year!