HGSE 2016

aina7

6 minutes ago, Shlee467 said:

Good luck everyone!!!! Just a thought - when acceptances went out two years ago, they were available on your student portal on the application a couple of hours before the email went out - so you might want to check that throughout the afternoon. We knew to check because someone on here wrote that they had gotten theirs. 

I'm now just waiting for my official rejection to the EdLd program. Maybe next year! 

@Shlee467, Was the letter posted as a link on your application portal, or was open on the portal when you logged in?

11 minutes ago, mjsmith said:

@Shlee467, Was the letter posted as a link on your application portal, or was open on the portal when you logged in?

Posted as a link. There was a highlighted note that said "A change has been updated on the status of your application" and then you clicked it and it linked to the acceptance page. 

1 minute ago, Shlee467 said:

YEP! Historically, changes have been made after business hours, so I wouldn't get toooo obsessive about it yet if you can avoid it. 

But didn't people say they heard last year at 3 est?

Edited by Heather1011

1 minute ago, Shlee467 said:

YEP! Historically, changes have been made after business hours, so I wouldn't get toooo obsessive about it yet if you can avoid it. 

LOL. I had totally forgotten that this was the username I'd chosen.. and your reply reminded me.. oh boy...

1 minute ago, nrvsandexcited94 said:

wait so are we going to find out at 3? or after 3? 

Most likely after 3! But I'll be refreshing nonstop... except for 415-5 when I'm on my way home from work... which is probably when I'll miss it... AHHH!!

wait so are we going to find out at 3? or after 3? 

No science there.  Most likely after. I heard at 5:30 three years ago. But they could change things up. Plus, it's early and there's a good chance you're not going to hear today at all, sooooooo I'd say calm down, but that's a pointless statement :)

Just now, Shlee467 said:

No science there.  Most likely after. I heard at 5:30 three years ago. But they could change things up. Plus, it's early and there's a good chance you're not going to hear today at all, sooooooo I'd say calm down, but that's a pointless statement :)

ah i think we are hearing today.. if youve been following the posts people have said theyre calling accepted students next wednesday.. therefore we should hear today, since email notifications come out before then it should be today..

ah i think we are hearing today.. if youve been following the posts people have said theyre calling accepted students next wednesday.. therefore we should hear today, since email notifications come out before then it should be today..

2 minutes ago, Shlee467 said:

Why do you say we wouldn't be hearing today? Based on the past, it has been on the first Friday of every March.

1 minute ago, gradstudenttobe33 said:

Why do you say we wouldn't be hearing today? Based on the past, it has been on the first Friday of every March.

Three years ago it was the second Friday in March, and all of the years before that it was on a Tuesday. We did all this crazy speculating on here on Tuesday, March 5th because we all were positive that's when we were going to find out based on analysis of prior years' data... and then we waited three painstaking days to actually hear. 

So I think there's a good chance it'll be today, but there's no definitive rationale behind when notices go out. The good thing is, unlike EdLD interview notices, which went out staggered and kept me on my toes (to no relief!) for weeks, everyone hears about M.Ed. programs at the exact same time either way. So no news is literally just that - no news. 

6 minutes ago, nrvsandexcited94 said:

I'm going to go lurk forums again to try and figure this out. If we don't hear back today, my stomach would have been in knots since 7AM for no reason... Lol!

2 minutes ago, Shlee467 said:

Three years ago it was the second Friday in March, and all of the years before that it was on a Tuesday. We did all this crazy speculating on here on Tuesday, March 5th because we all were positive that's when we were going to find out based on analysis of prior years' data... and then we waited three painstaking days to actually hear. 

So I think there's a good chance it'll be today, but there's no definitive rationale behind when notices go out. The good thing is, unlike EdLD interview notices, which went out staggered and kept me on my toes (to no relief!) for weeks, everyone hears about M.Ed. programs at the exact same time either way. So no news is literally just that - no news. 

Makes sense - although it seems to have been the first Friday in March consistently for the past couple of years at least. All we can do is hope that they keep this up, lol. Thanks for the info!

In any case, I keep refreshing my application status even though I already know I've been rejected. It's like I need to see it in writing to REALLY know it. 

1 minute ago, gradstudenttobe33 said:

Makes sense - although it seems to have been the first Friday in March consistently for the past couple of years at least. All we can do is hope that they keep this up, lol. Thanks for the info!

Sure, and it was only the second Friday in March in 2013 because the first Friday was March 1, and I think generally that is earlier than they send them out. 

1 minute ago, Heather1011 said:

Here's what we know:

2013, 2014, 2015:  First Friday 

2010, 2011, 2012:  Tuesday

Are we some tragic, unprecedented new set of three years? :P

Goodness. I sure hope not! Lol. :huh: It's funny how we are 30 minutes away from the date/time when we were almost certain we'd be hearing and suddenly we are questioning everything we've ever known.