WINE, WAIT, AND WHINE THREAD

Dr. Brains

28 minutes ago, Pink Fuzzy Bunny said:

Oh goody, a 270% increase in rent! JUST WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED

Whatever you do, don't rent from Everest Properties or Premium Properties. Google the name Lakireddy Bali Reddy if you want to know why. In addition to being managed by that scum, renting from them is a guarantee you won't get your deposit back.

1 hour ago, 123hardasABC said:

Whatever you do, don't rent from Everest Properties or Premium Properties. Google the name Lakireddy Bali Reddy if you want to know why. In addition to being managed by that scum, renting from them is a guarantee you won't get your deposit back.

Oh, that's good to know, thank you. I'll file that under "information I hope to some day need to use". :P

1 hour ago, Pink Fuzzy Bunny said:

Oh goody, a 270% increase in rent! JUST WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED

On the bright side, when you move away from the Bay Area you're going to feel like you have so much money you don't know what to do with it. 

And my last reference still hasn't submitted ANY of my letters...whhyyyyyy. The most expensive places I've applied to are Seattle and Boulder. I just started laughing that a similar size apartment was at least 1500-3000. I only pay 500 where I live now.

42 minutes ago, Need Coffee in an IV said:

And my last reference still hasn't submitted ANY of my letters...whhyyyyyy. The most expensive places I've applied to are Seattle and Boulder. I just started laughing that a similar size apartment was at least 1500-3000. I only pay 500 where I live now.

I agree (also applied to Boulder and Seattle!). I spent the summer in Boulder (and it's my top choice now).  I paid $700 for a shoddy two-bedroom apartment in a crappy neighborhood, and here I pay $500 for a nice one-bedroom. At least if I don't get in, I'll be able to convince myself that I wouldn't have wanted to live there anyway (which is a filthy lie. Boulder can have my babies).

1 minute ago, Pink Fuzzy Bunny said:

I agree (also applied to Boulder and Seattle!). I spent the summer in Boulder (and it's my top choice now).  I paid $700 for a shoddy two-bedroom apartment in a crappy neighborhood, and here I pay $500 for a nice one-bedroom. At least if I don't get in, I'll be able to convince myself that I wouldn't have wanted to live there anyway (which is a filthy lie. Boulder can have my babies).

Seattle will always have a piece of my heart! I lived there as a kid and it's the perfect city in my eyes. I keep telling myself that too if I don't get in. Eugene is more affordable and its in the PNW so I wouldn't be tooo upset if I didn't get into Seattle. I've been able to sell my boyfriend on Eugene since its a smaller city, he hates feeling closed in ha. I just want to know, it would make planning actually possible ha.

1 minute ago, Need Coffee in an IV said:

Seattle will always have a piece of my heart! I lived there as a kid and it's the perfect city in my eyes. I keep telling myself that too if I don't get in. Eugene is more affordable and its in the PNW so I wouldn't be tooo upset if I didn't get into Seattle. I've been able to sell my boyfriend on Eugene since its a smaller city, he hates feeling closed in ha. I just want to know, it would make planning actually possible ha.

Deal! You can have Seattle, I'll take Boulder. I'll call to let them know of the decision in the morning. :P

The 10 minutes it took me to read this thread allowed me to laugh along with the amazing fellow-assholes who just want to know what they will be doing for the next two years, and in what state. Until then, wine, pinterest, dog walks, wallowing in my anxiety filled sorrow of waiting, and anticipating a hopefully positive letter. 

I applied to my top program that accepts applications on a rolling basis on November 9th. The email said the entire process takes about 6-8 from start to finish, and I still haven't heard back from the school. Taking into account the holidays, I'm on my 8th week now. When do you guys think is an appropriate time to email/call back for an update? 

2 minutes ago, haltheincandescent said:

Oh: and now, there are the academia.edu views. But no city listed..... where are you from, mysterious visitor person?? :ph34r:

I bet that if you bribe the academia.edu admins with enough cookies, they will tell you their IP address :P

14 hours ago, Pink Fuzzy Bunny said:

I GOT INTO GRAD SCHOOL. REPEAT. I GOT INTO GRAD SCHOOL AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN. ANGELS ARE SINGING. PARDON ME WHILE I GO DANCE NAKED IN THE STREETS!!!!!!!!! :P

Congrats! I got my BA and my MS from U of M so lemme know (PM me) if you have any questions or concerns about housing, the campus, etc.! My building is right across from the physics building too :) 

I wish I could hibernate until March 1. 

It's like my place of employment sensed that I submitted all my applications this weekend, and decided to ramp up on all work tasks at once!

42 minutes ago, Dr. Brains said:

Congrats! I got my BA and my MS from U of M so lemme know (PM me) if you have any questions or concerns about housing, the campus, etc.! My building is right across from the physics building too :) 

That's great! I may take you up on that if I accept. I'm so excited to have been accepted somewhere with such a great cost of living, and a mighty fine university too. :)