2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

4 hours ago, Blair said:

Does any one know if UChi Committee on Immunology, UPenn Immunology and UWashington Immunology are still/have started sending out invites? Many thanks!

I think UPenn is done, dunno about the other ones. 

5 hours ago, cancergirl said:

does anyone know if emory is still sending invites for cancer bio or genetics and molecular bio?

Emory isn't sending out any more invites for GMB. They've already had all their skype interviews and extended all the interview invites.

How kosher is it to ask for a school to pay for a flight that leaves a day or two after the interview?

I've never been to Chicago, and I'd like an extra day to see the city when I'm not stressed about interviewing... 

28 minutes ago, seventwo said:

How kosher is it to ask for a school to pay for a flight that leaves a day or two after the interview?

I've never been to Chicago, and I'd like an extra day to see the city when I'm not stressed about interviewing... 

I think it should be fine :) 

I don't think scheduling agencies will question why you're leaving a day or two later. 

50 minutes ago, Bioenchilada said:

I think it should be fine :) 

I don't think scheduling agencies will question why you're leaving a day or two later. 

For Chicago I'm supposed to get my ticket first and then they'll reimburse me, should I ask the coordinator first? Thanks! 

8 minutes ago, lncRNA said:

Could someone let me know if Berkeley MCB has already sent out their official email invitations to on-campus interview? Thanks!

Unfortunately all of their interview invites have been sent... I emailed them to ask about it and they said all invitees were notified before Christmas. Sorry, also super bummed here

7 minutes ago, vnatch said:

Unfortunately all of their interview invites have been sent... I emailed them to ask about it and they said all invitees were notified before Christmas. Sorry, also super bummed here

Oh, thanks for letting me know. Don't worry, some other schools would be there for you!

45 minutes ago, lncRNA said:

Could someone let me know if Berkeley MCB has already sent out their official email invitations to on-campus interview? Thanks!

I called today and the lady said I'd hear back in the next week, but couldn't disclose if the notification would be an interview offer or not. ? 

2 hours ago, vnatch said:

Didn't they say on the email after completing the application that we would hear back in the 1st week of January? 
Want to know a little bit more about this as well since I also applied to Berkeley MCB! 

2 hours ago, dresdencodak said:

Didn't they say on the email after completing the application that we would hear back in the 1st week of January? 
Want to know a little bit more about this as well since I also applied to Berkeley MCB! 

I got a call from a professor in Berkeley MCB well before Christmas, and they sent out the formal e-mail with visit information yesterday, so I think if you haven't heard... Sorry!

UCSF says they will reimburse you for airfare up to $500 -- I could get a return economy plus ticket for that much! The question is, should I get an economy plus ticket just because it fits in their limit? I don't want to be seen as taking advantage of them and I'm not sure about the etiquette here. 

Edited by Janiejoneswoah

33 minutes ago, Janiejoneswoah said:

UCSF says they will reimburse you for airfare up to $500 -- I could get a return economy plus ticket for that much! The question is, should I get an economy plus ticket just because it fits in their limit? I don't want to be seen as taking advantage of them and I'm not sure about the etiquette here. 

No.

1 hour ago, Janiejoneswoah said:

They cost-share with other universities in the Bay Area if you're going to more than one weekend together, and you have to send them the receipt so they'll see if you spent it on a first class ticket. It's a dick move girl/guy.

1 hour ago, Janiejoneswoah said:

If you really want economy plus, and are willing to pay the difference, buy the coach ticket and give the university that receipt. Most airlines will allow you to change seats/upgrade later and you can pay for that part yourself.

I emailed UChicago(Immuno). They said they are still reviewing the applications and expect to send decisions from early Feb to late March. 

20 hours ago, Blair said:

Does any one know if UChi Committee on Immunology, UPenn Immunology and UWashington Immunology are still/have started sending out invites? Many thanks!

2 hours ago, jmillar said:

If you really want economy plus, and are willing to pay the difference, buy the coach ticket and give the university that receipt. Most airlines will allow you to change seats/upgrade later and you can pay for that part yourself.

Thanks for the feedback! I was genuinely unsure whether this would be acceptable but the response here has clarified. Much appreciated.

5 hours ago, RachanaDS said:

I emailed UChicago(Immuno). They said they are still reviewing the applications and expect to send decisions from early Feb to late March. 

That's good news. Thank you very much!