2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

13 minutes ago, Bioenchilada said:

I think @inadequate got Stanford Biochem in December.

I was hoping that he/she might have been an early outstanding applicant and an outlier. 

Their website says they will release invitations today or during this week.:unsure:

"Q: What is your timeline for reviewing applications?
A: The Admissions Committees will start to review applicant files directly following the application deadline. It is important that all of your application materials are submitted by the deadline. During the week of January 9, 2017, the committees will start to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. "

24 minutes ago, KR Marksmen said:

I was hoping that he/she might have been an early outstanding applicant and an outlier. 

Their website says they will release invitations today or during this week.:unsure:

"Q: What is your timeline for reviewing applications?
A: The Admissions Committees will start to review applicant files directly following the application deadline. It is important that all of your application materials are submitted by the deadline. During the week of January 9, 2017, the committees will start to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. "

Maybe they're an outlier; however, I was under the impression that each department within biosciences acts independently of each other, so they don't have to follow those guidelines strictly. A couple people have posted getting Stanford invites before today. 

10 minutes ago, Bioenchilada said:

Maybe they're an outlier; however, I was under the impression that each department within biosciences acts independently of each other, so they don't have to follow those guidelines strictly. A couple people have posted getting Stanford invites before today. 

Thanks for the info. That answer was from Stanford Biochems website.

I'll cross my fingers in hope that they still send out more. But will also dampen my expectations a little

Edited by KR Marksmen

On 1/8/2017 at 2:56 AM, Cryptochrometime said:

The NYU sackler interview is this upcoming weekend... has anyone received a schedule ? 

I am also going this weekend, so maybe see you there! I have not received a schedule, but I the coordinator told me that they would be sending them out the week of the interview....so I guess it could be anytime between now and Thursday. 

On 1/6/2017 at 4:37 PM, Pepperoni said:

when did you get an interview invite??? I still haven't heard from Chicago...

I heard on the 29th, which I thought was a weird time to hear back. I'm not sure how they send out invites, but good luck!! 

also, finally heard back from Vanderbilt! for context I sent in my application on Dec 5th, which was after the priority deadline, and they review on a rolling basis, so don't give up if you are waiting to hear back! 

2 hours ago, blueyellow said:

I am also going this weekend, so maybe see you there! I have not received a schedule, but I the coordinator told me that they would be sending them out the week of the interview....so I guess it could be anytime between now and Thursday. 

I'll see you guys there :)

9 minutes ago, cuteDr22 said:

My first recruit visit starts tomorrow. Getting anxious!  Anyone have any recruit visits yet?  If so, how did it go?

Me too! I think GSK might be the earliest one among all programs. Mix of excitement and anxiety right now.

2 minutes ago, STEMC said:

Did you guys get to choose either 1/12-13 or 1/26-27 or they just assign you the date? I received their invitation on Dec 22nd and the only choice for me is 1/26-27, I hope that doesn't mean I am ranking low amount all applicants :( ... I am hoping it's only because my name starts with Z...

It might be based on what specialty you were interested in and which professors were available one which dates. I wouldn't worry about that. 

1 minute ago, STEMC said:

Thanks, that sounds reasonable. I kind of remember that NYU Sackler didn't require us to list area of interest or professors since they are a big umbrella program, that's why I am a bit worry...

They definitely asked us to list professors, and also it's likely you mentioned your interests and professors you would like to work with in your personal statement

Has anyone heard back from the University of Washington's Microbiology program yet?  They sent out interview emails on Jan. 7th last year and Jan. 9th the year before.

33 minutes ago, cuteDr22 said:

My first recruit visit starts tomorrow. Getting anxious!  Anyone have any recruit visits yet?  If so, how did it go?

I went to Pitt this weekend, it went really well! They had us meet with 6-7 faculty members, but the interviews were very conversational. Lots of free food and wine :)

18 minutes ago, zam330 said:

Has anyone heard back from the University of Washington's Microbiology program yet?  They sent out interview emails on Jan. 7th last year and Jan. 9th the year before.

I'm waiting to hear back to. I just emailed them asking when they would be sending out interview offers.

4 hours ago, Pepperoni said:

BTW, on the website for UChicago it says that until you receive a decision from the program, you are still under consideration (even if you haven't received an interview invite, which you'll obviously need to have at some point). Has anyone received an invite AFTER the first round was sent out, and ultimately was accepted that way?

where did you see this and for what programs? can you drop a link? Thanks!

39 minutes ago, MCF10A said:

Me too! I think GSK might be the earliest one among all programs. Mix of excitement and anxiety right now.

See you there!  Good luck!  i wish this one was later in the month. It would give me a chance to see how the others went and adjust if necessary.