2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

1 hour ago, washington_virology said:

I'm waiting to hear back to. I just emailed them asking when they would be sending out interview offers.

Just got one this afternoon, probably 5 min after you posted this. Interviews Feb 13th or 27th. I already have conflicts for both :(

2 hours ago, zam330 said:

Has anyone heard back from the University of Washington's Microbiology program yet?  They sent out interview emails on Jan. 7th last year and Jan. 9th the year before.

1 hour ago, washington_virology said:

I'm waiting to hear back to. I just emailed them asking when they would be sending out interview offers.

I'm waiting too. There is already a submission on the results page from today, saying that it was an email invitation. Hopefully they're still sending out invites.

On 1/5/2017 at 10:27 PM, Shero said:

Haven't heard back from UW- Biochemistry yet. Very worried and sad. 

I haven't heard from UW biochem either.

Just heard from Michigan State (BMS) for an interview earlier today.

Just a warning for everybody, if you don't hear from your programs that you've received interview invites from it may he a good idea to follow up with them. I am going to a visit this weekend and had heard nothing from them except an email to invite me and one to organize my flight. Yesterday i recieved a few, somewhat frantic, emails saying that i needed to fill out a survey and give a bunch of information ASAP and that i was supposed to give back in December. Turns out I was not on their email list for recruits and had been missing all of their messages. Luckily I got it all sorted out and I am set but I would recommend emailing the department administrator in charge of organizing the event if you have heard nothing a week or two before the visit.

16 hours ago, Josie817 said:

I went to Pitt this weekend, it went really well! They had us meet with 6-7 faculty members, but the interviews were very conversational. Lots of free food and wine :)

That sounds great!  I'm at Pitt next weekend. Good luck!

2 hours ago, blankens said:

Just a warning for everybody, if you don't hear from your programs that you've received interview invites from it may he a good idea to follow up with them. I am going to a visit this weekend and had heard nothing from them except an email to invite me and one to organize my flight. Yesterday i recieved a few, somewhat frantic, emails saying that i needed to fill out a survey and give a bunch of information ASAP and that i was supposed to give back in December. Turns out I was not on their email list for recruits and had been missing all of their messages. Luckily I got it all sorted out and I am set but I would recommend emailing the department administrator in charge of organizing the event if you have heard nothing a week or two before the visit.

A had a very similar experience! In my case one school forget to include one of the periods in my email address, so I wasn't receiving any kind of updates. I guess I should have used a simpler email address for these applications. 

3 minutes ago, nile red said:

A had a very similar experience! In my case one school forget to include one of the periods in my email address, so I wasn't receiving any kind of updates. I guess I should have used a simpler email address for these applications. 

Do you use gmail? You don't need the periods, it will still get there. let.me.in.plz@gmail is the same as letmeinplz is the same as l.e.t.m.e.i.n.p.l.z... etc

Though not sure if non-gmail emails do the same.

29 minutes ago, .letmeinplz// said:

Do you use gmail? You don't need the periods, it will still get there. let.me.in.plz@gmail is the same as letmeinplz is the same as l.e.t.m.e.i.n.p.l.z... etc

Though not sure if non-gmail emails do the same.

No, I have been using my university email, which is ultimately an Outlook account. But thanks for the info on gmail  ^_^

3 hours ago, blankens said:

Wow Thanks so much! good to know!! 

On 1/8/2017 at 2:56 AM, Cryptochrometime said:

The NYU sackler interview is this upcoming weekend... has anyone received a schedule ? 

Hey just wondering if you've received one yet? I still haven't which seems kind of strange. I e-mailed again just asking to make sure I didn't miss an e-mail...I'll let you know if I get a response.

17 minutes ago, fitzgradschool said:

In general, if people start getting emails for interviews from schools that you've applied to and you haven't received an email yet, is that an ultimately doomed school? Or do they send out emails in waves?

You can email the program coordinator. I was also feeling the same thing when I don't receive any emails from schools. But when I emailed the program coordinators, some of them are still evaluating my application and will let me know the result. So there is still hope! :-)