2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

10 minutes ago, CozyEnzymes said:

Just talked to Stanford Biochem, all of their interview invites were sent out by yesterday. :(

@KR Marksmen

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sigh. Well atleast I can focus on the interviews I do have now. Thanks for the info

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:14 PM, DGD4L said:

where did you see this and for what programs? can you drop a link? Thanks!

not sure, just somewhere in the u Chicago phd app site

19 hours ago, dresdencodak said:

For those who applied to either UCSD BMS and Northwestern DGP, I got an update from both of the program coordinators that they are still sending out interview invitations. So there is still a chance!

that's what I've heard as well

17 hours ago, Kvothe~ said:

Do you think Penn CAMB interview invites are all sent out?

Also applied to Jefferson, and no news. Same with Hopkins.

according to upenn, applications are still under review. invitations are sent out in December and January. probably a small number if any that are in that secondary batch though I'm guessing?

2 minutes ago, Pepperoni said:

according to upenn, applications are still under review. invitations are sent out in December and January. probably a small number if any that are in that secondary batch though I'm guessing?

I hope so! The silence is a bit annoying, and I believed I had a good shot at landing interviews at Penn, because of my work affiliations.

16 hours ago, Kvothe~ said:

When did you get an email from CAMB/GGR?

I applied to the GMB program at Emory not the GDBBS program! I heard from GMB back in December and they've already sent out all their interviews. Though they likely are on a different schedule thank the GDBBS program. 

15 minutes ago, furiusfrutecake said:

Wait no I called MIT Biology today and they said they only sent out a few invites on Saturday!!!!

Wait did they tell you that? What does that mean, did they only send them to their top candidates?

1 minute ago, Epigenetics said:

Wait did they tell you that? What does that mean, did they only send them to their top candidates?

Perhaps that's what it is. They however categorically told me on the phone that not all interviews have been sent out. 

Stay hopeful, fellow Bioscientists!

3 minutes ago, furiusfrutecake said:

Perhaps that's what it is. They however categorically told me on the phone that not all interviews have been sent out. 

Stay hopeful, fellow Bioscientists!

That's fascinating, MIT requested we fill out the open house preference data by yesterday and already sent us our weekend assignments, maybe they're seeing who accepts the interview and then cycling through? 

3 minutes ago, Epigenetics said:

That's fascinating, MIT requested we fill out the open house preference data by yesterday and already sent us our weekend assignments, maybe they're seeing who accepts the interview and then cycling through? 

Maybe! Wonder who would decline an MIT interview though, haha. Congrats!

1 minute ago, furiusfrutecake said:

Maybe! Wonder who would decline an MIT interview though, haha. Congrats!

They also have three weekend choices, I know I (and probably many others) chose the third because of conflicts with the first two, so they may be seeing who picks what and then limiting/reallocating options.

3 hours ago, Nomad1111 said:

Congrats you guys! Were you given a choice between the two weekends, or were you assigned one?

I guess we have the opportunity to choose from the two. That's carried out with an online questionaire.

16 minutes ago, Proteostasis Aficionado said:

Oh God. I was just about to ask if anybody got invites from Stanford Biology. I assume I didn't get an invite, then lol. Congrats by the way!

I got it a few minutes before I posted so they may just be sending it out. Good luck!

5 minutes ago, Epigenetics said:

Which specific PhD program? Congrats!

Thank you! My invite was from the Biology home area.