2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

5 hours ago, Josie817 said:

Anyone going to the Pitt IBGP interview this weekend? Heading up to Pittsburgh soon, so excited!

I'm going a different weekend. I would love to hear about your experience; if you can post after, highly appreciate it.

22 hours ago, cancergirl said:

has anyone heard from roswell park cancer institute cell and molc bio phd?

I haven't heard from roswell park yet. I think they may send invites a little later than others. I'm going to be on the lookout mid Jan.

51 minutes ago, cuteDr22 said:

I haven't heard from roswell park yet. I think they may send invites a little later than others. I'm going to be on the lookout mid Jan.

Thanks!! Does your application say if its been reviewed tho?

2 minutes ago, LadyScientist said:

I feel your pain, @cancergirl... I am in the same position. I have been in panic-mode since December 15th when people started hearing back from their schools (some of which I applied to as well). :unsure:

I'm so annoyed. I think its because of my low gre scores. But everything else in my app is good.

2 hours ago, inadequate said:

Has anyone heard from Caltech biology program?

I had an online interview with them, but nothing since and I'm freaking out.

Same here. I contacted with their coordinator and she said all the invitations have been sent out. So I guess we are still not lucky enough.

33 minutes ago, hippopotamus said:

I heard back towards the end of December!

Are you serious.....

Berkeley mcb, UCSF tetrad, and Stanford biosciences all want me and say I was a great candidate, but Caltech rejects me like that?

I am crushed.

When are the interview dates?

2 minutes ago, inadequate said:

Are you serious.....

Berkeley mcb, UCSF tetrad, and Stanford biosciences all want me and say I was a great candidate, but Caltech rejects me like that?

I am crushed.

Rejection is tough. Remember that this is a somewhat random process. Perhaps they have bad metrics. Perhaps other people have personal relationships that help them get in. Perhaps they are looking for people in a different subfield than you are in. You got into some great programs. Try to be happy with that. I missed one of my top choices but just got invites at 2 super programs so I am happy. But it takes some time. You have the right to grieve as well. Sorry.

For those still wondering about UW Immunology, I got an interview offer last night. It's my understanding that most invitations had gone out by that point, so I suspect I was a bubble guy. Good luck to everyone!

25 minutes ago, inadequate said:

Are you serious.....

I am crushed.

I don't know if you're international, but if that's the case I know Caltech Biology is especially harsh with international applicants. Your other programs are quite amazing though, so I'm sure you'll be happier and appreciate your overall results once the acute pain of rejection starts to fade (I'm starting to heal too, so I feel you).

Hi, 

i have been following this page and I can't seem to find many people that have receive interview invites from WashU biosciences. I was wondering if they're out or if they really are waiting until next week.

1 hour ago, inadequate said:

Are you serious.....

I am crushed.

Stanford Biosciences sent out their invites already?

2 hours ago, cancergirl said:

lol, thanks!

It is still early! Additionally, if you really are worried, there are a few nice programs that are still accepting applications (obv. I don't know where you've applied lol). Baylor's app is free and is extended to Jan 9th.

16 minutes ago, prospectivegrad1 said:

Stanford Biosciences sent out their invites already?

I think I saw somewhere that the different programs under the umbrella of biosciences process their applications separately - so someone receiving an invite from one program hopefully doesn't mean all the invites for other subprograms are out (at least that's what I'm hoping!)