Blogs now available!

bgk

Hi Guys,

Similar to last year, this year we'll be offering blogs for users who are interested in posting about their admission experience. For some idea about what we expect, see last years blog posts.

Tech stuff: This year the blogging is done within the forum software. This makes managing things a bit easier (for us) and means the look and feel will be a bit more consistent. We plan to feature the blogs on the main 'admissions' site, so non forum users will probably be taking a look too. An RSS feed will be available, so it'll be like a 'real' blog in that sense. But beyond that I'm not sure how it'll work out, I had a quick play and it seems fairly straight forward, but there aren't many sites out there using this feature so it'll be a learning experience for all involved!

Non-tech stuff: We'd like the right to keep your posts up indefinitely, but we'll have minimal editorial control over what you say (maybe a few edits for strong language and such). For some perhaps it'll be cathartic to write and for others just to read.

Anyway ... reply here if interested and I'll turn on the feature and we can see how it goes!

I will do it. I am almost done with applications so I have a little time on my hands. Also, I am applying to Business schools which seems to place me in the minority on the site, so maybe a few people will be interested in it.

Hi Guys,

Similar to last year, this year we'll be offering blogs for users who are interested in posting about their admission experience. For some idea about what we expect, see last years blog posts.

Tech stuff: This year the blogging is done within the forum software. This makes managing things a bit easier (for us) and means the look and feel will be a bit more consistent. We plan to feature the blogs on the main 'admissions' site, so non forum users will probably be taking a look too. An RSS feed will be available, so it'll be like a 'real' blog in that sense. But beyond that I'm not sure how it'll work out, I had a quick play and it seems fairly straight forward, but there aren't many sites out there using this feature so it'll be a learning experience for all involved!

Non-tech stuff: We'd like the right to keep your posts up indefinitely, but we'll have minimal editorial control over what you say (maybe a few edits for strong language and such). For some perhaps it'll be cathartic to write and for others just to read.

Anyway ... reply here if interested and I'll turn on the feature and we can see how it goes!

I am interested. I'm running people mad (and away) on my LJ with all this talk, anyway. I'm also non-traditional which might prove useful for others like myself. I know the few "mature" students I've found on the net have been a great support system for me.

I've added you people so far to the 'blogging group'. You should see a new forum on the main page and there are some instructions in there!

I'd expressed interest in it before too, though I'm kinda waiting now till after my GREs one week hence.

Hi, I'd be willing to blog if there's still room. I'm applying for a PhD in political science after 6 years in an unrelated position. Also, I'm feeling pretty inspirational right now :D

Just a quick note to say all who asked for blogs should have them! If anyone else is interested please let me know and I'll enable it for you too. You'll all be really bored soon once you've got your apps in, so what better way to kill time?

I'd like to do it! I am applying to public health masters programs and other than the folks at Student Doctor, there aren't many blogs out there for the public health-interested to follow.

My vote is for dlb! I've been trying to find public health grad school rants on the web and haven't been able to find anything. And I know that there are tons of applicants out there and an interest.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to blog about my application experience. It'll be a great way to pass the time :)

Yes that sounds like a good idea, although I don't exactly have nothing to do (I'm a teacher applying to ed schools) I do want to contribute to the community, and since I submitted most of my applications, I will come back here often. Also as an international student looking for funding some of my experience might help.

I would definitely share my experience of applying--but I have not been admitted yet! So, I am not exactly sure what you mean by "admissions experience"-- I think that all phases of the process are exciting, difficult, and scary and therefore hearing about other people's experiences is helpful! :D