Hallo Everyone,

I am applying Master of Public Policy, Master of Public Administration, Master of International Development practice to the following university:

I got GPA 3.0 from my ugrad, TOEFL IBT 94 and GRE 287 - 294. I really concern with my GRE score because although the above programs do not mention specific GRE score but some websites said it usually need minimum GRE socre of 300 to be admitted.

Looking for your comment about my chance to get admitted to above programs.... or should I retake the GRE for the fourth time?

Thank you

@GreenEyedTrombonist Welcome! I recall telling people about my research interests and getting asked "why don't you apply to Anthropology programs?" I think there's a lot of overlap in subject matter and what you are looking at is really interesting! If I knew even one thing about Anthropology and research approaches, I would have applied but was too scared to venture into such uncharted territory. Good luck!

@DeniWK, I think you've got the wrong forum, but my MA happens to be in International Policy and sounds like the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey would be a good program to look at as well. Their GRE requirements are very lenient but you need to be able to speak at least two languages. Good luck

@ejpril88 I copied the format from another user (thank you awesome other user). Go to Account Settings and you'll see a menu on the left hand side. Go to Signature in that menu and a text box will open. Fill it out however you want, press save, and you're done. :)

22 hours ago, DBear said:

@GreenEyedTrombonist Welcome! I recall telling people about my research interests and getting asked: "why don't you apply to Anthropology programs?" I think there's a lot of overlap in subject matter and what you are looking at is really interesting! If I knew even one thing about Anthropology and research approaches, I would have applied but was too scared to venture into such uncharted territory. Good luck!

Btw what is actually the right forum?

@DeniWK, I think you've got the wrong forum, but my MA happens to be in International Policy and sounds like the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey would be a good program to look at as well. Their GRE requirements are very lenient but you need to be able to speak at least two languages. Good luck

Thank you @DBear the IIE also recommends MIIS but i checked the tuition is quite high. While my Fulbright just cover for 35.000 per year. But I will check again and consider to apply to the school.

@GreenEyedTrombonist I do health policy research and development. I also interested in Sustainable Development issue.

• 2 weeks later...

This forum is super quiet... I guess we're all still waiting?

The last of the key deadline dates is here and most schools' spring semester should be starting soon so hopefully we'll be getting some news soon!

Edited by DBear
Forgot something, oops, my bad

Nika, if you ask me, the time to start panicking started 28 years ago when I was born :) so I think my opinion doesn't count. I am checking this thread on a daily basis, hoping someone will post something.

56 minutes ago, phdthoughts said:

@ejpril88 Congrats! Guess it's either an acceptance, or most likely a rejection soon from them for me if they are sending out emails. Hopefully I'll know either way soon.

I was checking my application every day and then all of the sudden I received the email about Welcome Weekend - my application status was "awaiting decision" even after receiving this email. Confusing... I hope you will hear from them soon. I still don't know why I haven't received the acceptance letter they sent yesterday.

21 minutes ago, The Shade King said:

@ejpril88 Congrats!!! Its a great program. Purdue also has a great American Studies department!

Thank you and thanks to everyone else. This IS possible after all, guys :D If I made it, you will too.

So I dont know how many folks applied to Urbana's Institute of Communication Research PhD. But it seems to be something odd going on.First, we had two early January positing on the  board saying they got in and now I just saw that someone saying they were the DGS is posting and said they were going to make decision this week. I had to LOL. While I know that professors are aware of this sight that is just too much. 

5 hours ago, The Shade King said:

So I dont know how many folks applied to Urbana's Institute of Communication Research PhD. But it seems to be something odd going on.First, we had two early January positing on the  board saying they got in and now I just saw that someone saying they were the DGS is posting and said they were going to make decision this week. I had to LOL. While I know that professors are aware of this sight that is just too much. 

UGH - I noticed that there were trolls on the results site here - I mean, what kind of mean spirited person do you have to be? I saw the the ICR post earlier as well and thought it was a bit strange since it hadn't even been a month since the deadline. I only found out about the program after the deadline and was beating myself up because it really looked right up my alley - hope the trolls go away and you get the info that you need ASAP!