I saw this too and I couldn't believe it. I mean, people who usually visit this forum are in the same boat as we are, I don't understand who would mess around with us... I wanted to apply to Urbana myself, but I gave up after a friend told me she knows many people who applied and got rejected. Now I think it was a stupid decision because you never know.

I saw someone posted about having an interview for UCSB the other day, but now I don't even know if I should believe in anything I read.  

10 hours ago, DBear said:

UGH - I noticed that there were trolls on the results site here - I mean, what kind of mean spirited person do you have to be? I saw the the ICR post earlier as well and thought it was a bit strange since it hadn't even been a month since the deadline. I only found out about the program after the deadline and was beating myself up because it really looked right up my alley - hope the trolls go away and you get the info that you need ASAP! 

I don't know what is happening but I received an acceptance notification from ICR and I am definitely not a troll. 

@hnm1231 that's super cool! Congratulations! Did you post on the results page earlier this month? There's a post saying it's from the dgs, which seems highly unlikely but who knows... Maybe it's not a troll (though the two posts regarding that program seem to provide conflicting info) either way, congratulations!

@hnm1231 I haven't seen a lot of results for Communication at all...... Judging from all the Psychology results flooding the system, maybe similar programs all announce at the same time and it's just not peak notification season for us yet... At least judging from the trends I dug up on the 7 programs I applied to, it does seem that it's still early in the game and the acceptances we've seen so far (congratulations to all!!) may be outliers. You should also update the decision date thread :) I really hope I'll have something to add to that thread soon :/

I'm sure you will :)
I don't know how reliable it is to look for decision dates from previous years, but as far as Purdue goes, they sent me the email on almost exact date as they were sending emails last year - this time it was actually one day sooner.  

Texas sent decisions around the same time they normally do. And it seems like a lot of English programs are as well. I think it just depends on the process, how many applications they get, and who's running the committees. It's still early in the process! Hopefully we'll all start hearing more news soon :)

My application status at my #1 dream school (university of minnesota) just switched to "final review" on the website- should know in a day to a week ? regardless of the decision at least this SUFFERING will end hahaha

53 minutes ago, heyDW said:

My application status at my #1 dream school (university of minnesota) just switched to "final review" on the website- should know in a day to a week ? regardless of the decision at least this SUFFERING will end hahaha

I am waiting to hear from them too. Were you using this link to check?

https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogin/ApplicantConnectLogin.asp?id=UMN-GRAD

Mine still says "awaiting program decision".

1 hour ago, ejpril88 said:

I am waiting to hear from them too. Were you using this link to check?

https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogin/ApplicantConnectLogin.asp?id=UMN-GRAD

Mine still says "awaiting program decision".

Yes! I applied via the rhetoric track. My husband also applied (critical media) and it hasn't updated for him either. Hope you get some news soon! I'm having trouble falling back asleep or eating now!

Also rofl I wish I'd applied abroad...

US actually is "abroad" for me - I moved here 10 months ago from Europe :) I know exactly how you feel, but try thinking about something else as much as you can. Live your life as you normally do, until you get those emails. I know it's hard... I was lucky to receive the first of my 7 expected responses the other day and it was a YES, so now I can relax and wait for the rest, including Minnesota.  

4 minutes ago, ejpril88 said:

US actually is "abroad" for me - I moved here 10 months ago from Europe :) I know exactly how you feel, but try thinking about something else as much as you can. Live your life as you normally do, until you get those emails. I know it's hard... I was lucky to receive the first of my 7 expected responses the other day and it was a YES, so now I can relax and wait for the rest, including Minnesota.  

I saw that! Congrats! Purdue, right? That's awesome. Good luck. Hope to hear more for all of us soon. Woof.

Hi guys, I'd like to join you in the waiting! Last year they had such a large thread on Communication, hope we could also expand soon :) 

I'm still waiting to hear from ICR. My understanding is that sometimes schools offer some acceptances earlier as they want to nominate the applicants for some fellowships. Or they offer the top applicants first, then down the list later. Anyway, I'm curious to see if the decisions are out this week.

I'm also anxiously waiting to hear from Northwestern's MTS program. Is there anyone else that applied there? Based on previous years' record, the interview invitations should be out sometime soon. 

25 minutes ago, chiquitica said:

Hi guys, I'd like to join you in the waiting! Last year they had such a large thread on Communication, hope we could also expand soon :) 

I'm still waiting to hear from ICR. My understanding is that sometimes schools offer some acceptances earlier as they want to nominate the applicants for some fellowships. Or they offer the top applicants first, then down the list later. Anyway, I'm curious to see if the decisions are out this week.

I'm also anxiously waiting to hear from Northwestern's MTS program. Is there anyone else that applied there? Based on previous years' record, the interview invitations should be out sometime soon. 

Also waiting for ICR. My communication list is only 4 schools thankfully. Keep up hope. Now my other programs have me super crazy. Even thought I applied to a lot of schools I sometimes wish I had added 3 to 4 which would have been crazy but still.

Same here, I wish I had applied to more programs so I'll have more hopes and more programs to hear from :D 

A lot of schools start sending out results by the end of Jan and beginning of Feb so it's getting quite tense. I can't keep myself away from the thought that it could come anytime now. 

Minnesota updated my status to "decision made" but no letter yet! I was at the dentist when I read it and have been shaking so bad they had to pause several times for me to calm down. Gahhh!

I didn't even realize that school's application status' were accurate and updated!  I was very fortunate to receive an early acceptance from a program last week and it still says "out to department" so not all schools must update this. 

17 minutes ago, av2010 said:

I didn't even realize that school's application status' were accurate and updated!  I was very fortunate to receive an early acceptance from a program last week and it still says "out to department" so not all schools must update this. 

My status page for Purdue still says "submitted" and I have received an acceptance six days ago.

38 minutes ago, heyDW said:

Minnesota updated my status to "decision made" but no letter yet! I was at the dentist when I read it and have been shaking so bad they had to pause several times for me to calm down. Gahhh!

OMG that's sooo frustrating! I hope they will update it soon. This is what I found in the top right corner of the application page: Please allow one business day to view your decision once your status on this page has been updated to Decision Made. Yeah, please allow one business day of living hell! :D

Mine still says "awaiting program decision". Maybe it's a good sign for you :) When did you submit your application?

Edited by ejpril88

I thought once I had received an acceptance that my anxiety would dissipate, it didn't.  Now I'm stressing about making a decision if other schools accept, and finding apartments, moving, etc.  What a wild ride all this is!!!  I've feel like I've aged 10 years in the last year and a half of preparation for this.