Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

Hi everyone! 

Hope you are dealing with the waiting anxieties as well as one can...! 

I read a bit earlier on the thread that someone mentioned University of Georgia. Their deadline was the 15th of November and the program says top applicants will be invited for interviews before the end of December. Has anyone applied to / heard anything from UGA? 

I was wondering if the FSU person who received an admissions updates about interviews being sent out last week and this week could elaborate what they heard? So does that mean all interviews will be sent out by Friday? Good to know if I should stop hoping for a shot there after Friday if I don't hear anything by then :unsure: Thanks in advance!

Has anyone gotten an email from the DCT for Ole Miss? I was invited to interview and was told we'd be getting an email shortly with details. Just want to make sure I'm not the only one who hasn't received it!

After feeling so hopeless, I was invited to an interview at one of my top choices. My last round of applications (2 years ago), I received zero interview invitations so I am feeling relieved.  Hopefully there is more good news (or any news at all) to come shortly! This process is so stressful.

2 hours ago, psychapp2016 said:

Does the person who posted an interview from Yale mind private messaging me their POI? I'm also anxiously waiting to hear!

Same! 

5 hours ago, psychapp2016 said:

@psychpride9 In reference to the Temple email it was personalized in the sense that it mentioned the name of the POI one would be interviewing with, but seemed to be the type of email that would be sent to many applicants, so I think it would be safe to assume that if you don't hear by the end of the day (or tomorrow?) that you're probably not on the interview list. At least not "the first round", some schools do alternates for interviews, so there may still be hope there. Sorry :(

Congratulations ! If you're willing, would you private message me your POI? 

On 12/21/2016 at 10:45 AM, HopefullyDr said:

After feeling so hopeless, I was invited to an interview at one of my top choices. My last round of applications (2 years ago), I received zero interview invitations so I am feeling relieved.  Hopefully there is more good news (or any news at all) to come shortly! This process is so stressful.

Hello, if you don't mind me asking, what are your research interests? It seems that we've applied to many of the same programs! :)

19 hours ago, HigherEdPsych said:

Hello, if you don't mind me asking, what are your research interests? It seems that we've applied to many of the same programs! :)

Not at all! I'm interested in multicultural psychology, specifically interracial friendships. I am also interested in marital satisfaction. And yourself? I wish you the best of luck!

22 minutes ago, Dondante_MMJ said:

That moment when you get an email from the graduate school that you applied to that hasn't sent emails out yet, and they're wishing you a happy holidays.

I feel you, I almost got a mini heart attack ughhh

University of Pittsburgh will finalize its list of applicants during the second week of January and will inform those selected shortly thereafter. The interview weekend will be February 17 and 18. 

I am a student there and received this information from the department - I remember how stressful it was to be waiting around to hear back from schools so am hoping this will help you to enjoy the holidays! Happy to talk about the school and program if you are interested.

4 hours ago, Dondante_MMJ said:

That moment when you get an email from the graduate school that you applied to that hasn't sent emails out yet, and they're wishing you a happy holidays.

Oh NO!!! Yea, I would have been slack-jaw after reading something like that lol But think of it this way... it wasn't a 'no' and they have your correct email address!

On 12/23/2016 at 4:03 PM, Dondante_MMJ said:

Hahaha! :lol: This is great.

6 minutes ago, applyingtopsychgrad123 said:

How do you hear about an interview? A phone call? An email? Or on the online status check? I am anxiously awaiting! And I just found this forum!! 

Usually email or phone call. I've never heard of interviews being posted online without someone contacting you first. 

1 hour ago, applyingtopsychgrad123 said:

How do you hear about an interview? A phone call? An email? Or on the online status check? I am anxiously awaiting! And I just found this forum!! 

It depends on each school. Sometimes the POI contacts applicants directly, the DCT or admin on behalf with send an email invitation, or a phone call. Each school is different in their application procedures