Fall 2017 Acceptances/Interviews/Rejections Thread

csot

5 hours ago, theorynetworkculture said:

Rejected from Columbia (but offered place in MA program). Still waiting on news from Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Northwestern, and Stanford.

Got the same Columbia deal. Was your offer for the MA program funded?

Also waiting on a few of the same places. Fingers crossed!

4 hours ago, nbc21 said:

Northwestern should be end of this week or next.  I hate to be a pest about Harvard, but did anyone else notice that there was one add to the wiki that has no year/no status? Am I to understand that as a mistake? In which case we'd have only had one Harvard call reported so far... sigh. This wait is driving me insane, nitpicking at the tiniest things for any clue.

I looked at the results board and found that Harvard used to notify all their admitted applicants within 1-2 days. Hope they'll do something different this time...

3 hours ago, theorynetworkculture said:

I know! They're long shots for anyone, really.

I'm quite torn at the moment. I've been admitted to Chicago, NYU, and Duke. I believe I'd be happy at any of them, so it's a happy dilemma to have. I think I'll have a clearer picture after the visiting weekends.

I've been only admitted to UNC, and am still waiting on Michigan and Chicago (which I suspect has already rejected my application) apart from H, P, and NW. In retrospect, I should really have applied to more schools. Leaving myself with too few options was a risky move.

6 minutes ago, Puncherkid said:

I looked at the results board and found that Harvard used to notify all their admitted applicants within 1-2 days. Hope they'll do something different this time...

I've been only admitted to UNC, and am still waiting on Michigan and Chicago (which I suspect has already rejected my application) apart from H, P, and NW. In retrospect, I should really have applied to more schools. Leaving myself with too few options was a risky move.

Chicago has notified it's applicants already; I wouldn't discount being waitlisted, though.  I'm in the same boat with regard to Columbia. And UNC is a great place to go- I wouldn't worry about it too much (though this is rich coming from me, freaking out about Harvard etc).

5 hours ago, ndrun said:

Congratulations to those who received UVA offers! What time did you receive the acceptance emails? I'm curious because I interviewed with them but haven't heard anything yet!

I got an offer today, and I interviewed with them on Friday, January 27th.

Edited by draco.malfoy

3 hours ago, socrate4se said:

Admitted to UC Berkeley, my very top choice!

The rest don't really matter to me. :D

Congrats! Berkeley and UCLA are both at the top for me. Still waiting on a UCLA decision though :(

To those wondering about Harvard, I posted the acceptance via phone on Tuesday. And, yes, the first add with no year/status was accidental (So, yes, I believe there was only the one post). The DGS said that the Graduate Coordinator would be sending out email notifications in the next few days, providing info about the visit day, etc. 

6 hours ago, meowcow said:

Got the same Columbia deal. Was your offer for the MA program funded?

Haven't heard anything from Columbia yet. Am I to interpret this as being rejected already? 

I have, while filling out application details, checked the box for a MA instead. Couldn't even get a MA??? So sad

2 hours ago, ruilinch said:

Haven't heard anything from Columbia yet. Am I to interpret this as being rejected already? 

I have, while filling out application details, checked the box for a MA instead. Couldn't even get a MA??? So sad

Maybe you are on the waitlist for the phd program 

How common is it to be waitlisted and not be told? I haven't heard from two schools that I thought had sent out their acceptances and rejections already. I know U Washington does it in waves, but I thought Yale had sent their acceptances AND rejections out. I am fully expecting flat out rejections from both, but would be thrilled if my assumption is off base at any level. (I feel like my statement of intent and writing sample could have been stronger with UW and with Yale. And I have always felt like Yale might be a little out of my reach--no actual evidence to support this, just a feeling.)

To those of you out there attending the ND visit tonight and tomorrow, I'll see you soon, safe travels, and good luck (even though we don't need it because it is not an interview)! 

Edited by AmityDuPeuple

5 minutes ago, AmityDuPeuple said:

How common is it to be waitlisted and not be told? I haven't heard from two schools that I thought had sent out their acceptances and rejections already. I know U Washington does it in waves, but I thought Yale had sent their acceptances AND rejections out.

I hope with all my power that this is something schools do: accepting and rejecting people and keeping other on some kind of magic waitlist.

1 hour ago, EvelynD said:

Me too. The only reason I haven't started panicking about not having any acceptances yet is because I also have no rejections yet. I'm assuming waitlist because I'm just a hopeful person. When you think about it, it does make sense to keep some people in an unofficial waitlist limbo until you see how many people accept the first wave of acceptances. Then they can go back and decide who else to give an offer to, who to officially waitlist just in case, and who to finally reject.

10 hours ago, draco.malfoy said:

I got an offer today, and I interviewed with them on Friday, January 27th.

Ok, thanks. So maybe they just haven't gotten around to making decisions about applicants who were interviewed Feb 6th & 7th? :) I'm mostly kidding I just don't want to be sad yet.

23 minutes ago, ndrun said:

Me too. The only reason I haven't started panicking about not having any acceptances yet is because I also have no rejections yet. I'm assuming waitlist because I'm just a hopeful person. When you think about it, it does make sense to keep some people in an unofficial waitlist limbo until you see how many people accept the first wave of acceptances. Then they can go back and decide who else to give an offer to, who to officially waitlist just in case, and who to finally reject.

Haha, the waitlist limbo, my boyfriend didn't get that reference :P Lets keep our fingers crossed then!!!

On 2/1/2017 at 9:59 PM, IncomingPhD2017 said:

Anyone care to claim that CUNY correspondence listed in the results? Would love to hear more about it.

Grats to all those with recent acceptances :)

I got waitlisted--how about you? or anyone? I wish they would say the rank on the waitlist so I would know my odds of acceptance. 

36 minutes ago, sociologicals said:

Hi everybody -- 

I know I asked this in the past, but it may have gotten buried. Can someone claim the Princeton acceptance?

How were you notified and by who? And do you know if they have accepted all candidates? 

I cannot claim the acceptance, unfortunately, but looking back over the past several years, Princeton seems to always release acceptances and rejections within a couple of days of each other. The exception to this was last year when they accepted one person early on in the season and then sent out the majority of acceptances and rejections several weeks later. Considering no one else has heard anything, I suspect most of the acceptances have not gone out yet, and we will be repeating last year's pattern.