Projected Acceptance Dates for English PHD programs

5 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Yeah, @Warelin. I respectfully request that you accept husband into whichever school you're on the adcomm for!

I'd be a horrible adcom! It would be
Me: @punctilious' wife is really cool and @FreakyFoucault is really funny so I'd like to accept them both! 
Them: But they didn't apply here
Me: But I like them! So please accept them!

43 minutes ago, Warelin said:

I don't think they're done notifying yet. There are several (mostly state) schools that nominate people for certain school-wide fellowships before they complete their entire admissions classes.  I hope you get a response soon though. :)

Aaah, so that's why. All right then, thanks! And congratulations again on your acceptance and fellowship nomination. I hope it turns out perfect for you. :) 

9 minutes ago, Warelin said:

I'd be a horrible adcom! It would be
Me: @punctilious' wife is really cool and @FreakyFoucault is really funny so I'd like to accept them both! 
Them: But they didn't apply here
Me: But I like them! So please accept them!

I speak for everyone here when I say that I, FreakyFoucault, of the Grad Café, by the utter lack of authority not vested in me, hereby declare, in the most solemn of asseverations, that you, @Warelin, also of the Grad Café, are forthwith granted tenure at the institution of your choosing!! 

Have a nice career! 

Edited by FreakyFoucault

5 hours ago, Warelin said:

I don't think they're done notifying yet. There are several (mostly state) schools that nominate people for certain school-wide fellowships before they complete their entire admissions classes.  I hope you get a response soon though. :)

@chellyfish_ this was what I was talking about! @Warelin knows more about these things than I do. 

Edited by Elle Coronaria

I'm trying to find patterns for Arizona State (Writing, Rhetorics, and Literacies PhD) and Tennessee (Rhetoric, Writing, and Linguistics PhD), but the results seem all over the place. 

Does anyone have info on these two? I saw an acceptance to the lit PhD at UTK, but I'm starting to think that many departments handle the concentrations separately? 

4 hours ago, jpbends said:

Excuse me while I have repeated panic attacks for the next week because of NYU and Irvine

I recall seeing a UC Irvine Ph.D acceptance in the list somewhere, I don't think anyone's claimed it though. Either way, hopefully it means we'll be hearing back sooner than later. 

1 hour ago, unicornsarereal said:

NYU and Brown are giving me carpal tunnel from checking my email so much

I feel like next week is going to be even more brutal for Nor'easters. There's a CHANCE the other schools in NY/NJ/CT/PA will send results, but they'll prob keep us in suspense until President's Week. 

On 2/5/2018 at 7:32 PM, Mellowyellow said:

UCLA News: Both my friend and I received document-tracker notifications that UCLA opened our official transcripts. The last time that happened was a few days after the Dec. deadline. 

Update: the doc was opened and printed today as well, so they're probably still in deliberation. Until next week, @la_mod!

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Update: the doc was opened and printed today as well, so they're probably still in deliberation. Until next week, @la_mod!

I didn't apply to any UC's, but I guess this question still might be relevant to other schools: if there's been no activity with your application in the portal since December (no dates for when different components were marked "received" or something similar since then), could that at all reasonably be interpreted as a sign that they don't care at all about your application? I may kind of be spiraling.

4 minutes ago, gregs said:

I didn't apply to any UC's, but I guess this question still might be relevant to other schools: if there's been no activity with your application in the portal since December (no dates for when different components were marked "received" or something similar since then), could that at all reasonably be interpreted as a sign that they don't care at all about your application? I may kind of be spiraling.

Yeah don't read into it. None of my schools have shown activity, including the places i was accepted.

4 minutes ago, gregs said:

ya spiraling! UCLA is my only school where there have been changes and that's only because they've migrated their application to a new format and asked for an official transcript. 

5 minutes ago, unicornsarereal said:

Yeah don't read into it. None of my schools have shown activity, including the places i was accepted.

4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

ya spiraling! UCLA is my only school where there have been changes and that's only because they've migrated their application to a new format and asked for an official transcript. 

Thanks @Mellowyellow and @unicornsarereal! That's a relief. Now onto finding other ways to not do my job right now...

32 minutes ago, more.truly.more.strange said:

They aren’t sending official acceptances until the end of February, that result was probably an unofficial acceptance. 

How do you know they’re not sending out official acceptances until then?

also, I’ll take an unofficial acceptance too, ha