Projected Acceptance Dates for English PHD programs

3 minutes ago, Mise said:

none at all! I've looked through the results page but I couldn't find any pattern.

Same, especially with the change of deadline and DGS. I'm debating having my husband call and ask about a timeline. I know it's probably a bit irritating for them, but they are one of our top choices and we'd like to figure things out sooner rather than later if we have to make plans to travel to Boston.

6 minutes ago, hibiscus said:

How about Boston college? Did that go out.

I know that @clinamen received an acceptance and we were waitlisted at BC. Our waitlist notification was just over a week ago. We posted to the survey but for some reason it doesn't show up for me when I search, so I'm not sure if something is broken with that this year.

15 minutes ago, punctilious said:

I know that @clinamen received an acceptance and we were waitlisted at BC. Our waitlist notification was just over a week ago. We posted to the survey but for some reason it doesn't show up for me when I search, so I'm not sure if something is broken with that this year.

@pronountrouble also got into BC. Some programs don't always send out all offers (including acceptances and waitlists) at the same time though.

Edited by Warelin

13 hours ago, toxicmoss said:

UCR is stressing me the heck out too. Someone in an acceptance thread said that UCR was waiting to hear back on their budget before sending out wider acceptances, so I assume until they hear back we won't be hearing head nor tail of acceptances or rejections... which means we'll probably be hearing back at the end of this week, seeing as tomorrow is a holiday. 

That actually makes me feel better.

But, like, dang...California (or whoever is in charge)...why don't you have these budgets already set up? No love for the liberal arts.

@LexHex @toxicmoss and anyone else looking for info in Riverside!  It does sound like they're trying to figure out finances, but it also sounds like things should be more formalized in the next week.  DGS told me that they're accepting a cohort of 15 people, with emphasis on pre-19th Century Lit (by this I mean all fields pre-19th), Indigenous Lit Studies, and Latinx Lit.

(Things have been pretty silent this weekend all around so I think most places are observing the holiday! I'm currently at a UC and they're closed today)

Edited by chellyfish_

13 minutes ago, chellyfish_ said:

@LexHex @toxicmoss and anyone else looking for info in Riverside!  It does sound like they're trying to figure out finances, but it also sounds like things should be more formalized in the next week.  DGS told me that they're accepting a cohort of 15 people, with emphasis on pre-19th Century Lit (by this I mean all fields pre-19th), Indigenous Lit Studies, and Latinx Lit.

(Things have been pretty silent this weekend all around so I think most places are observing the holiday! I'm currently at a UC and they're closed today)

Next week, saving the best for midterms week I see :P

Well, I guess it’s time to sit and wait and hope for the best then. Thanks for the update! 

20 hours ago, Warelin said:

I think Kentucky will most likely be next week given past results. Purdue is known to do "rolling acceptances" so some may hear back much sooner than others. Indiana sent out acceptances and waitlists to their MA/PHD program a few weeks ago.

I think UVA, Boston University, Iowa, Tufts, Harvard, Tennessee and Lehigh have a good chance of releasing decisions this week based on previous trends! :)

Do you know if Indiana notified for both Rhetoric and Comp AND lit or if it was just rhetoric? It is my first choice, I am waiting very impatiently, lol! I'm holding onto one last shred of hope before emailing to check my status as I have heard nothing. 

8 minutes ago, kem2486 said:

Do you know if Indiana notified for both Rhetoric and Comp AND lit or if it was just rhetoric? It is my first choice, I am waiting very impatiently, lol! I'm holding onto one last shred of hope before emailing to check my status as I have heard nothing. 

It looks like Literature was notified: http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=indiana+english:(

5 minutes ago, unicornsarereal said:

i love how its from feb 20 and its feb 19, at least where i am. is this acceptance coming from the future? is yale that powerful??

Anything posted after 7pm ET shows up as the following day because I think the results board is on GMT.

But yes I also hope that it means that the results will actually come tomorrow so I just relax tonight!

Edited by punctilious