2010 Religion PhD Results

getmeout

"Congrads! Just out of curiosity, (don't feel obligated to answer) did you apply for special scholarships/ funding? Also, are you the person on the results list who received a call from Daddy McShane?"

Leagus,

I only filled out the regular app. I think they automatically consider you for funding when you apply.

No, I wasnt contacted by Daddy McShane, but that sounds like a cool person to be contacted by!

What is yale's timetable with interviews? I am looking to go into Ancient Christianity, and heard nothing. Also, do they interview everybody? Does the notification take a week? I had no idea.

I just sent you a private message with more details, but the short version which might be useful for others is that no, Yale does not interview all of those whom they are seriously considering, so it's not necessarily a bad sign if you haven't heard anything.

Anyone want to own up to the Drew acceptance on the "results page?" It's for Masters, but it's a month early. I know they moved up their app deadline by a month.

I applied for the PhD. Would appreciate any information. Want to know if I can relax until March.

edit: I just found another Drew MA under "biblical studies." I guess they moved everything up a month. Any additional info appreciated.

Edited by peppermint.beatnik

Anyone want to own up to the Drew acceptance on the "results page?" It's for Masters, but it's a month early. I know they moved up their app deadline by a month.

I applied for the PhD. Would appreciate any information. Want to know if I can relax until March.

edit: I just found another Drew MA under "biblical studies." I guess they moved everything up a month. Any additional info appreciated.

Hi there, I also applied to Drew's GDR doctoral program, but haven't heard anything. If you take a look at the results page from previous years, most of the acceptances for the PhD program were received in early/mid-March. I suspect they admit their masters-level applicants first and then make executive decisions about PhD applicants since they (or we, in this case) undergo a more thorough review process. That's my guess. The confirmation letters that we received weeks ago, as I recall, didn't indicate when exactly we would hear from them.

I applied to Vandy for NT/Early Christianity and just rec'd an e-mail notifying me that I am an alternate. I did not apply for a Theology and Practice Fellowship, nor did I interview. So, it's the first bit of news from Nashville for me. Congrats to the person who got the nod, and if you're thinking about turning them down, I would highly advise you to. ;-)

I know this thread is for PhD results, but I'm excited and the news may be relevant to someone: Just (in the last hour) got accepted to the MA in Ancient Culture, Religion and Ethnicity programme at UBC. I can only assume that this means that other UBC Classics, Near Eastern and Religious Studies results are out there or will be out shortly.

I know this thread is for PhD results, but I'm excited and the news may be relevant to someone: Just (in the last hour) got accepted to the MA in Ancient Culture, Religion and Ethnicity programme at UBC. I can only assume that this means that other UBC Classics, Near Eastern and Religious Studies results are out there or will be out shortly.

Congrats!

Woo hoo! Congrats!

What the heck was that strange comment about on the Results for Fordham acceptance - "Loser" - am I missing something?

I had the same thought. I think I'm gonna go ahead and call shenanigans on that post. I am also suspicious of the one referencing Fr. McShane.