2010 MFA Visual Arts admission replies and results

sunjingfang1

Is there anyone who knows about MICA's financial aid? They said that I will get scholarship ($10,000 per year) but am I still able to apply some financial aid?

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. 10k a year at MICA for MFA GD.

I applied for financial aid about a month ago. There was a financial aid application that MICA wanted us to turn in by March 1st.

Are you worried about the cost?

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. 10k a year at MICA for MFA GD.

I applied for financial aid about a month ago. There was a financial aid application that MICA wanted us to turn in by March 1st.

Are you worried about the cost?

I am little bit worried about its cost.

so have you granted any financial aid from MICA?

I interviewed last week so I am sweating the way the results will be announced. Painting interview.

Friends who've gone to RISD for MFAs in painting have said they received phone calls within a couple of days of their interviews, offering admission. Still waiting on word a week after the interview makes me pretty sure that the letter, when it arrives, will not be bearing glad tidings. I hope I'm wrong.

I am little bit worried about its cost.

so have you granted any financial aid from MICA?

If you applied for financial aid, you should receive a letter in the mail from the Financial Aid office. This is separate from the acceptance packet. If you haven't received one yet, I suggest calling the office of Grad Admissions or the Financial Aid office. Good luck.

<br />has anyone heard back from yale yet (people who had interviews)? besides jestem?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

@ Thankseverybody: I interviewed on Friday the 26th of March and still no word. What day did you interview?

Edited by JCP

im waiting for painting, but nope. i thought i read somewhere on the forum that they would be notifying people today though? i've even been checking the portal but nothings new :(

has anyone heard back from yale yet (people who had interviews)? besides jestem?

im waiting for painting, but nope. i thought i read somewhere on the forum that they would be notifying people today though? i've even been checking the portal but nothings new :(

i remember reading that comment about today as well...but that seems so early to be hearing back already, doesn't it? i need to disable my internet.

haha i know!except that this forum has prevented me from getting false hopes up so many times. it's really addictive :) anyways, i dont know about the other genres but i know that for painting, they werent even doing the final review of all the pieces until this past monday. and then from what i've heard last year, they didnt send out notices until a week after that, so that would be next week for us. but who knows since this year theyre going paperless (from what i read on this forum anyways) so maybe we should be getting results faster. i wonder if all the departments are different though? since graphic design was so quick. anyways, good luck! (and good luck to me too :) haha) hopefully we hear good news soon

i remember reading that comment about today as well...but that seems so early to be hearing back already, doesn't it? i need to disable my internet.

Friends who've gone to RISD for MFAs in painting have said they received phone calls within a couple of days of their interviews, offering admission. Still waiting on word a week after the interview makes me pretty sure that the letter, when it arrives, will not be bearing glad tidings. I hope I'm wrong.

Hey guys, I noticed the same trend from last year as well (that they were called a day or two after the interview). Anyway, at my interview, they said they will let me know in 2 weeks. So far it's been a long week. What did they tell you guys? What day did you interview?

Hey guys, I noticed the same trend from last year as well (that they were called a day or two after the interview). Anyway, at my interview, they said they will let me know in 2 weeks. So far it's been a long week. What did they tell you guys? What day did you interview?

Tuesday. And yes, they said "two weeks" as well. This has been the longest week......but I'm assuming it's a no-go, given what friends with MFAs from there (3 different people, all in painting) have said about the phone calls. Big sad face.

congrats on your acceptance! do you mean that yale sent out decisions through snail or how did you receive your notification? because it seems like the only department that's heard back so far is graphic design...unless you know someone in another genre who was accepted already? i looked on the portal and there's still nothing for me :blink:

I think most Yale departments probably sent their decisions out.

Interviewed 3/19, accepted 4/1. I thought that not hearing immediately was a bad sign but it seems not. So anyone still waiting, that doesn't seem to mean positive OR negative.

Rejected from RISD GD 3/27 so that leaves me with Yale and Texas to think about.

congrats on getting waitlisted!! hopefully you get it if that's the school youre most interested in!

hey everyone,

just heard back from yale. i would check the site now if you haven't already.

i'm waitlisted...

anyone else out there?

best of luck to you all

First off I think they do waitlist but that its hard to get off of (most applicants accept Yale). I applied for painting and have heard nothing - the portal doesn't have any news either. Graphic design did interviews a week before painting and sculpture was the week after painting. Because of this I can see how we might all find out at different times.

As for Yale painting - they did tell me two weeks and no portal update as of yet.

Has anyone been accepted for painting? What it seems to me is that nothing has been sent out. Don't fret - I think we still all have a chance.

Good luck to everyone.

oh, and ps. does anyone know if yale waitlists for any other genre besides graphic design?

hey. i haven't heard back yet either (painting, interview).

i don't think the painting department bothers too much with a wait-list. everybody who's accepted, goes, basically. when i was there i asked about that stuff and they said that one person has declined their offer in the past two years--deciding on columbia instead.

Sorry, painters, I was most likely wrong about department-wide notification today. I know that the undergraduate applicants get their notices today but obviously every program has its own deadlines. Speaking as someone who has not made up their mind about schools at all, I would not think waitlist is a foregone conclusion by any means.

The wait feels forever, but time elapsed really has little to do with acceptances it seems. Keep (realistic) hope alive.