any one hear from UVic or Waterloo after the offer letter? At this rate, I'm not sure if I will hear from U of A waitlist and will need to make a decision between the two online schools. Was there more than one waitlist for u of a? Mine said B in the letter - whatever  that means. 

Let me know if you are thinking of attending UVic or Waterloo! 

Edited by AQ-MPH
typo

32 minutes ago, AQ-MPH said:

any one hear from UVic or Waterloo after the offer letter? At this rate, I'm not sure if I will hear from U of A waitlist and will need to make a decision between the two online schools. Was there more than one waitlist for u of a? Mine said B in the letter - whatever  that means. 

Let me know if you are thinking of attending UVic or Waterloo! 

Hi, 

I didn't receive anything after the initial letter of offer from waterloo.

On 5/14/2018 at 5:30 PM, mph2k18 said:

We have two weeks to reply from the official acceptance date (may 11 for me), so maybe after those accepted have given their decisions, you'll hear back! 

Still no news from U of T health promo... would really like to know what is going on. If it's a rejection I would like to know now so I can plan what I will be doing in Sept!! Anyone else in the same boat with regards to not hearing back??

56 minutes ago, positivevibes said:

Still no news from U of T health promo... would really like to know what is going on. If it's a rejection I would like to know now so I can plan what I will be doing in Sept!! Anyone else in the same boat with regards to not hearing back??

Me! I have not heard anything back too but it's from uoft epi. I am a little surprised that if it's a rejection why haven't they sent it out yet. Acceptances started rolling out in March for them. Have you tried contacting them? 

10 hours ago, Shd90 said:

Me! I have not heard anything back too but it's from uoft epi. I am a little surprised that if it's a rejection why haven't they sent it out yet. Acceptances started rolling out in March for them. Have you tried contacting them? 

Same here!! If they are going to be rejections, I don't understand why they would be waiting this long to notify people. I did, and they told me they have until June 30th to notify people. Last year when I applied I received a rejection in April. All I want is an answer :(

2 hours ago, Emily_Ww said:

Hey everyone who has been waiting for an update from Queens MPH or is in the same boat. I got an email today saying I am waitlisted and should hear about an offer before July. 

Hi Emily,

Did they tell you how many people are on the waitlist? 

16 hours ago, Daisies18 said:

Hi Emily,

Did they tell you how many people are on the waitlist? 

no, they told me what i was ranked on the waitlist but not how many were on the waitlist in total. I will be declinign queens as I have already accepted McMasters offer. So maybe that will open some spots up for others :)

41 minutes ago, Emily_Ww said:

no, they told me what i was ranked on the waitlist but not how many were on the waitlist in total. I will be declinign queens as I have already accepted McMasters offer. So maybe that will open some spots up for others :)

Hi Emily,

Thanks for the reply, I wish you all the best. Hopefully it will workout for all of us by at the end. 

I stressed about it after reading through the thread last year too, almost didn't bother applying! Your stats sound far better than mine, and I was accepted into three MPH programs this year. I work in a completely unrelated field and had no public health ECs or any publications... I think it a big portion of your application is your LOI, so definitely spend some time and put thought into this part. Any other questions just let me know!

On 5/20/2018 at 2:54 PM, NokchaMatcha said:

Hi, I am planning on applying next year for MPH. Got really anxious after reading through this thread so I was hoping if anyone here could give me an idea of what they think about my profile:

cGPA: Around 3.0 (very low I know but I flopped the first two years)

Major GPA: Not sure yet, as I am completing another two terms, but in my 3rd year I had a 3.75. Hoping to finish up with 3.8 for my last two year GPA.

Extracurriculars:

- Recently started working on a research project which deals with public health. Looking at possibly publishing a paper sometime this year, I will be 2nd or 3rd author so maybe it won't be as significant.

- Hospital Volunteering for a year.

- Vice President of Volunteering Club (3 years in total as an executive member), where I volunteered in many events such as the Toronto Humane Society, Yonge St Mission, etc, Salvation Army, Soup Kitchens, etc.

- Part of Student Association for my major at the University for 2 years, helping to organize conferences and research seminars.

- Other irrelevant stuff: Paid Language Assistant at University for a year/ helped to spearhead & coordinate a Foreign Language teaching program at the University since its beginning and for 3 years afterwards/ pharmacy assistant for a year and a half.

I feel like my extracurriculars are all over the place without a specific goal in mind. What would you suggest to strengthen my application?

After looking at all the amazing profiles on this thread, I just feel really insecure about my own.

Hoping to get into SFU MPH!

I was anxious about it after reading through the thread last year too, almost didn't bother applying! Your stats sound far better than mine, and I was accepted into three MPH programs this year so try not to get too stressed. I work in a completely unrelated field and had no public health ECs or any publications... I think it a big portion of your application is your LOI, so definitely spend some time and put thought into this part. Any other questions just let me know!

On 5/18/2018 at 10:27 AM, Shd90 said:

If anyone is going to western and looking for a roommate hit me up ?

I'll be at Western in the Fall! Also looking for a roomie! 

On 5/9/2018 at 1:46 PM, nkachouh said:

Whoa those look FANCY! Totally down. I think there’s also 2 bedroom options and they’re 1 year leases.

I will also be at Western in the Fall! Do you think they'd do 8 month leases because of practicum May-August? 

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:25 PM, positivevibes said:

Welp, I just got my rejection from University of Toronto- MPH Socio Behavioural Sciences stream- University of Saskatchewan it is. Hope the rest of you receive good news.

8 minutes ago, mzericao said:

Welp, I just got my rejection from University of Toronto- MPH Socio Behavioural Sciences stream- University of Saskatchewan it is. Hope the rest of you receive good news.

I got a rejection from UT this morning too lol. 

I'll be going to UVic, for those of you who are as well hit me up :)

Is there a Facebook page for students accepted into the MPH at Lakehead / LU in September 2018? I will be doing it online and it would be great to make some connections for September. 

10 hours ago, Java&Jams said:

Is there a Facebook page for students accepted into the MPH at Lakehead / LU in September 2018? I will be doing it online and it would be great to make some connections for September. 

I don't know if there is a Facebook page, but I will be doing the MPH online at Lakehead too, with specialization in Indigenous Health. "See" you there!

1 hour ago, carters09 said:

I don't know if there is a Facebook page, but I will be doing the MPH online at Lakehead too, with specialization in Indigenous Health. "See" you there!

11 hours ago, Java&Jams said:

I’ll be joining you at lakehead via distance! I haven’t seen a Facebook page yet but hopefully one is made soon. I’m anxious to register for classes! Have either of you received emails yet about classes? 

12 hours ago, Java&Jams said:

35 minutes ago, bailm16 said:

I’ll be joining you at lakehead via distance! I haven’t seen a Facebook page yet but hopefully one is made soon. I’m anxious to register for classes! Have either of you received emails yet about classes? 

There is a facebook page for Lakehead:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/307541336067158/

1 hour ago, bailm16 said:

Nope, although I keep checking my email like a crazy person to see if anything has appeared...