2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

4 minutes ago, komina12345 said:

I mean he also claimed UGA admit where I can't find any other person who got into Georgia so far...

Forgive me, but I'm a bit skeptical about this person's claims.

4BD9A165-BEB6-460E-8621-09AB55727269.png

@deutsch1997bw IU wanted to speed up their timeline this year so they could be real. IU also offers a dual Public Policy/Political Science PhD program and they wanted to start getting the decisions for both programs out at around the same time, I guess there was a gap between when decisions were released in past years. I earned my MPA as IU and knew some faculty with dual appointments but that totally could have just been gossip/what they wish they were doing since I have already graduated. 

3 minutes ago, JMCrawfordNJ said:

I want to say congrats, but more than that, I want to say: go charge your phone.

Lmao you’re right. I just left the gym. 

Thanks for both, friend! 

7 hours ago, nxb33 said:

I talked to the graduate director two weeks ago and it appears they are sending out their acceptances in waves. So it appears if you have not been accepted yet you were not in the "first wave" of acceptances for you sub field but you could still be accepted in future waves. 

Oh, thanks for the information. Was the first acceptance already posted on the results page, when you were talking with the DGS?

4 minutes ago, meteora said:

Oh, thanks for the information. Was the first acceptance already posted on the results page, when you were talking with the DGS?

I had a mild freakout when I saw the first post. I talked to them on January 25th 

5 minutes ago, oakeshott said:

Yes. AP subfield. 

Hm, did they post up the results on gradcafe? I just ask because I noticed the three posted were all American/methods.

Edited by JMCrawfordNJ
typo

3 minutes ago, deutsch1997bw said:

Were you notified by your POI?

Sorry, I guess there is confusion. I haven’t been accepted to Illinois. I wasn’t in the first wave of acceptances. They told me I was “in their top 10, but not their top 3” so I would not be accepted in the first wave. 

2 minutes ago, nxb33 said:

Sorry, I guess there is confusion. I haven’t been accepted to Illinois. I wasn’t in the first wave of acceptances. They told me I was “in their top 10, but not their top 3” so I would not be accepted in the first wave. 

Do you mean Indiana? 

1 hour ago, nxb33 said:

I had a mild freakout when I saw the first post. I talked to them on January 25th 

Oh, so you contacted the department on that day. I am in the same boat. However, I think they have not sent out all acceptances. They would admit about 18-20 people if they target 8-10 new students. Then, I think at least 3-5 admitted students would post on the results page.