2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

To those waiting for Duke-- If you log onto the portal and it has the grey box that says "Decision not yet available," be sure to clear your cache & cookies and reload the page. Mine said that, but I actually had my waitlist (yuck) decision waiting for me. Good luck everyone! And please Duke admits that arent going let them know :)

25 minutes ago, NCPolPsych said:

To those waiting for Duke-- If you log onto the portal and it has the grey box that says "Decision not yet available," be sure to clear your cache & cookies and reload the page. Mine said that, but I actually had my waitlist (yuck) decision waiting for me. Good luck everyone! And please Duke admits that arent going let them know :)

Did you get an email first that your decision was ready?

Long time lurker here.

Just received an email from the American University SIS DGS informing me that I was waitlisted. I am relatively surprised by this in a good way actually--my research is not exactly the best fit and their cohort is generally quite small. They received over 200 applications for 8 slots and expect 4-5 people to be accepted off of the relatively short waitlist. 

After being rejected from GW, this is not the news I was necessarily hoping for, but there are still 8 more results to come!

Edit: I should add some info to my results post. I am a few years removed from undergrad and recently completed an MA in IR with a 4.0 GPA. I have relatively extensive research experience within my area of interest. The good thing is that it displays a level of research and professional experience within the field. The bad thing is that it paints a distinct picture of my focus and interests, thus making it easy for adcomms to say "well that's just not a good fit."

Edited by apolloscreed

8 minutes ago, apolloscreed said:

Long time lurker here.

Just received an email from the American University SIS DGS informing me that I was waitlisted. I am relatively surprised by this in a good way actually--my research is not exactly the best fit and their cohort is generally quite small. They received over 200 applications for 8 slots and expect 4-5 people to be accepted off of the relatively short waitlist. 

After being rejected from GW, this is not the news I was necessarily hoping for, but there are still 8 more results to come!

My heart almost paused when I saw your post initially but then I realized I applied to the SPA not the SIS. Relief. At least I can still have hold some hope up.

So WashU-STL's website says that they aim to have results out by the first week in February. Between 2010 and 2015, it looks like their results were routinely released between Jan 31 and Feb 6. But over the last two years, they have started to release them later, more like around the 14th through the 17th.

How would one read this?

3 minutes ago, komina12345 said:

Well, looks like that's the end of my UT-Austin dream. No e-mail.

Same =/ but we still have a ways to go. Have hope my friend.

16 minutes ago, audre.bored said:

Question for other UT-Austin people, has your portal been updated yet?

That should happen once you receive the formal admission letter from the graduate school, which might not happen until a while after informal acceptance. Congratulations, by the way! If any UT admits have questions about the program, feel free to shoot me a message.

28 minutes ago, deepestabyss said:

Political Theory applicant here (and first time poster)

Starting to lose hope on UCLA and pretty much everywhere else.

I'm posting because I was curious if anyone knows if different subfields may come out at different times?

I noticed most if not all the UCLA acceptances were for American, methods or IR.

I was admitted to UCLA as a theorist. 

1 hour ago, audre.bored said:

Question for other UT-Austin people, has your portal been updated yet?

Not yet for me. Only received the email from the DGS notifying of acceptance. Maybe there's a bit of a lag time? My guess is that they might be wanting to send out all their email acceptances first before updating the portal. 

7 minutes ago, ComparativeStreak said:

Quiet week so far! Still no news from Chicago?

Don't be surprised in the case of avalanche of Chicago-related "acceptances/rejections/waitlists" on the results page, immediately after your question  (trolls are very vigilant) :)