Canadian MSW Applicants 2018

18 hours ago, 242penguin said:

Hey!! 

I am wait listed for king's 1 year msw too!! I reached out to someone currently in the program. They said they got off the wait list in May and their friend got off the wait list late July. I currently know of about 5 people (individual in this form included) who are wait listed to Kings but I am sure there is more. I am under the understanding that Kings only takes 15 students. So I am super nervous about getting of the wait list. I also heard that they are not releasing where you are on the wait list or how many people are on the list. 

What an anxiety provoking time!

Hey,

I emailed them regarding the waitlist and they said that due to people pulling themselves off the waitlist and them sometimes pulling conditional offers etc that the don't release where you are on the waitlist!  I know they have a small program, so I'm being cautiously optimistic about getting off of it. I was previously rejected from their program in 2013 when I first finished my BSW, so getting on the waitlist is a step forward!

been following this forum since i discovered it a few weeks ago!!  i applied for.my msw at york and was wondering if anyone has heard back about being waitlisted or rejected from york yet?  i know my chances of getting in are pretty slim given that i did not recieve a call last week about the advanced wtanding 1 year but ughhh im outta town so cant check my mail and my myfile still says no decision made. ....  

39 minutes ago, sw2018app said:

been following this forum since i discovered it a few weeks ago!!  i applied for.my msw at york and was wondering if anyone has heard back about being waitlisted or rejected from york yet?  i know my chances of getting in are pretty slim given that i did not recieve a call last week about the advanced wtanding 1 year but ughhh im outta town so cant check my mail and my myfile still says no decision made. ....  

I've been obsessively checking MyFile all week, since the word was they'd be sending out their decisions this week or the next. Still nothing on my end too :unsure:

31 minutes ago, sw2018app said:

Thanks for the reply!!  Ughh I hear you ,  really regretting not applying for more programs cause AT LEAST i wpuld have a backup!!   hoping we hear something soon and good luck!!!  

49 minutes ago, lastsupper said:

I've been obsessively checking MyFile all week, since the word was they'd be sending out their decisions this week or the next. Still nothing on my end too :unsure:

A couple people mentioned on the last few pages that all York 2 year applicants will hear NEXT week towards the beginning of the week (I also received an email from Ammad saying decisions were delayed by one week due to the strikes). It was also mentioned a couple pages back that all one year applicants who hadn't heard anything by this past Friday have either been rejected or waitlisted BUT since departments tend to tell applicants conflicting things sometimes, this could be wrong! You can always call to find out for certain because they will tell you their final decision at this point :)

Edited by smntoronto

It appears that I have been watilisted for the 2-year program at UNBC. Has anyone had any experience with UNBC? Maybe you know when the acceptance deadline is, or how how fast the waitlist moves?? Any info would be greatly appreciated! 

20 hours ago, sw2018app said:

I just checked my mail and still haven't received or heard anything (for the advanced standing). Also still no change on myfile. I was told to expect an official letter this week but I am doubtful at this point.

1 hour ago, skd05 said:

I just contacted Laurier regarding the online MSW due to start in May and i was told we would not hear until end of April!! That gives us less then a week to prepare for school lol.

That is cutting it close. I guess that means I can expect to be waiting until the end of April at least for the 2 year program. ?

1 hour ago, ksekmi said:

How did you hear back from UNBC? I just checked my application status and it still says "Ready for Assessment". Did you get an email or letter?

Also, does anyone know when UFV will send out acceptance letters?

I asked UFV when they send out acceptances back in Jan but they had no answers for me. They said they didn't know how long it would take. Maybe I will contact them now and see if they have a better idea. I know that they require interviews though as part of their assessment.

1 hour ago, skd05 said:

I just contacted Laurier regarding the online MSW due to start in May and i was told we would not hear until end of April!! That gives us less then a week to prepare for school lol.

Do you think they'll still be prepared to start in May?  Seems odd they aren't prepared to admit people until a week or two before the program is expected to begin.

2 hours ago, ksekmi said:

How did you hear back from UNBC? I just checked my application status and it still says "Ready for Assessment". Did you get an email or letter?

4 hours ago, mitchae said:

It appears that I have been watilisted for the 2-year program at UNBC. Has anyone had any experience with UNBC? Maybe you know when the acceptance deadline is, or how how fast the waitlist moves?? Any info would be greatly appreciated! 

2 hours ago, skd05 said:

How absolutely ridiculous! Hang in there :(.

6 hours ago, mitchae said:

I also got waitlisted! I called and they let me know that those who have been offered admission have a total of 30 days to reply. The lady at the admissions office stated that they usually get back to waitlisted students within a few hours of their name coming up. 

8 minutes ago, Corrina_22 said:

Hey guys, 

I applied to the 2 year MSW at U of T, and I am anxiously waiting as many of us are, to here a response. The suspense is killing me... does anyone know when they will start sending out acceptances?

According to the forum last year, they started to go out on March 23rd. If it’s the same timeline line this year, it means another week of waiting. 

10 minutes ago, Corrina_22 said:

Hey guys, 

I applied to the 2 year MSW at U of T, and I am anxiously waiting as many of us are, to here a response. The suspense is killing me... does anyone know when they will start sending out acceptances?

5 minutes ago, hannahdaviidson said:

According to the forum last year, they started to go out on March 23rd. If it’s the same timeline line this year, it means another week of waiting. 

Yea the waiting is a torture. Sadly, if you ask them, they always say by mid-April...

3 hours ago, ksekmi said:

I also got waitlisted! I called and they let me know that those who have been offered admission have a total of 30 days to reply. The lady at the admissions office stated that they usually get back to waitlisted students within a few hours of their name coming up. 

I was also waitlisted! The only thing I know about the school is that they admit less than 20 so I think a waitlist isn't such a bad thing! Good luck to all of us.

7 hours ago, ksekmi said:

I got an email from UNBC with an attached letter this morning. I just checked my online status and it says waitlist and March 14

beside where the admission decision is. It used to be just blank.

Edited by ms_teacher