NSF GRFP 2017-18

spectastic

Wow. From the bottom of my heart, I wish all of you the best of luck. Admittedly my anxiety for this did not hit hard until the last month or so, but I can not imagine what it would have been like without this thread of fellow applicants stressing away with me. 

Even through the negative trolling, whether you have been a frequent “poster” or just a casual reader on the forum...I truly believe those who visit sites like this, ask questions, and pester NSF/PI’s are the go-getting scientists of the future. 

It has been an honor.  

-engineerwoacause....out! 

17 minutes ago, Volcanogirl said:

It's almost worse now that the maintenance notification is up. By this time tomorrow, one way or another, we should know. 

Or the maintenance is for something else and NSF will continue to be our cruel overlords.

Hoping for it to be the GROW grant, sorry not sorry haha

34 minutes ago, WaitingGameWeak said:

What time is it usuallt posted and emails are sent out? I suspect it’s later than 11pm EDT. 

• 2014: 3:07 AM EDT
  • 2015: 2:55 AM EDT
  • 2016: 5:05 AM EDT

Stayed awake for the first two. Fell asleep for the last and woke up to the email.

Edited by jmillar

37 minutes ago, jmillar said:
  • 2014: 3:07 AM EDT
  • 2015: 2:55 AM EDT
  • 2016: 5:05 AM EDT

Stayed awake for the first two. Fell asleep for the last and woke up to the email.

Thank glob I'm in Mountain Standard Time because I have a feeling I'll be staying up

Okay so curious about something if anyone has any input or ideas. Since applying this fall, I have gotten married, so my last name that I applied under is changed. Will I have troubles accepting the fellowship if I am awarded? Or does it go by social security? Will NSF change my name on the awarded/HM list to my new last name?

10 minutes ago, mmckenn5 said:

Thank glob I'm in Mountain Standard Time because I have a feeling I'll be staying up

Yeah I’m in Central standard time and I could possibly stay up but I’ll probably end up waking up in the middle of the night to check!