MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

1 hour ago, marlonk said:

For UCLA folks, considering there was that other person who was accepted into sculpture over phone...

Is it a fair assumption that people whobhave not be contacted from Sculpture are as good as rejected? 

If other people have heard in that department,  usually yes that is the case. At least the last 3 years

14 hours ago, Machines said:

So..a few people have commented about USC Roski interviews. Has anyone actually been accepted? I guess I assume no interview=no dice?

I had my interview yesterday and they are still doing interviews today 

I had my interview at NYU today. They're conducting interviews next week as well.

2 hours ago, Qiurui said:

Still nothing from NYU, Columbia, RISD. I'm Soo nervous

4 hours ago, a_photo said:

Anyone hear anything from NYU?? Specifically photo? I'm just waiting to hear from NYU and Columbia now but I'm getting nervous that there hasn't been anything yet :/

Spoke to UCLA and was told that they don't hold formal interviews and that each department contacts differently. So for the people (like myself) freaking out because people have gotten acceptances for ceramics or sculpture, if you applied for a different department there is still some hope. 

1 hour ago, Qiurui said:

Damn, what if I missed the call? Haha, is interview mandatory for these schools? I guess I've been rejected. The only interviews I had are Yale and Parsons.

I am pretty sure they would have left a voicemail. Both schools use the interviews to then make a final decision as to who will be accepted. I believe RISD will only take 10 people into the painting program from the pool of applicants they are interviewing and Columbia picks 8ish painters from their pool. Those are still really good schools to hear back from!

Just received email notice from SAIC FVNMA following an email I sent to a grad coordinator yesterday. The faculty member notifying me of my admission was one of the two who interviewed me, and she responded to my follow up email. 

I then received a phone call from Sculpture at SAIC confirming my admission offer that I received in the mail yesterday. 

So as long as I can sort out money I’m off to SAIC - gonna probably take the film offer - but wanted to update folks on notifications for those departments. 

51 minutes ago, thirdtimesthecharm said:

Hey Boston U peeps! Heard anything today? 

nope. i think they sent out letters via snail mail yesterday, so i'll probably hear tomorrow one way or the other.

i did just receive an email from Pratt for an interview, just so everyone knows (MFA Painting).

so all the schools i've applied to i've heard from at this point, for everyone's information:

RISD- Interview Request

Boston U- Interviewed

Pratt- Interview Request

i'll try to leave a post about my experience interviewing at these places for applicants to look at next year. if anyone has interviewed at Pratt or RISD, i would appreciate hearing about your experience, just so i know what to prepare for specifically. 

33 minutes ago, Mr.PoopyButtHole said:

I am pretty sure they would have left a voicemail. Both schools use the interviews to then make a final decision as to who will be accepted. I believe RISD will only take 10 people into the painting program from the pool of applicants they are interviewing and Columbia picks 8ish painters from their pool. Those are still really good schools to hear back from!

Thank you very much, I got an interview request from Pratt. Hope something from NYU now.

1 hour ago, thirdtimesthecharm said:

Hey Boston U peeps! Heard anything today? 

43 minutes ago, AngryHarold said:

nope. i think they sent out letters via snail mail yesterday, so i'll probably hear tomorrow one way or the other.

Nothing yet. I sent the department an email today asking when I should expect to hear back, but I haven't received a response. I didn't think about the possibility of them sending physical letters. Hmm.. I'll keep an eye on my mailbox (digital and physical)!

Edited by cme000

58 minutes ago, John0000 said:

How was the interview? Would you mind sharing your experience with us?

I had a wonderful experience. They had two faculty members and an alum from the program there to interview me. My interview felt very relaxed. They asked me questions about some of my work, and why grad school now (I am a year out of undergrad so expected this question). Was lucky enough to meet almost all of the 1st year grad students and chat with them as well before and after my interview. 

59 minutes ago, cme000 said:

Nothing yet. I sent the department an email today asking when I should expect to hear back, but I haven't received a response. I didn't think about the possibility of them sending physical letters. Hmm.. I'll keep an eye on my mailbox (digital and physical)!

my girlfriend interviewed and was accepted last year and they sent the results via mail, so i'm just assuming it'll be the same this year.

6 hours ago, Jjjuliannn said:

it does but someone said last year they released on the 2nd. who knows!!!!

Hey, so Columbia said applicants will know by Mid march-end of march.. 

Cornell, I have no idea what's going on there..

1 hour ago, Creech said:

Just received email notice from SAIC FVNMA following an email I sent to a grad coordinator yesterday. The faculty member notifying me of my admission was one of the two who interviewed me, and she responded to my follow up email. 

I then received a phone call from Sculpture at SAIC confirming my admission offer that I received in the mail yesterday. 

So as long as I can sort out money I’m off to SAIC - gonna probably take the film offer - but wanted to update folks on notifications for those departments. 

Hello! Congratulations on your FVNMA offer! So happy for you! You emailed the graduate coordinator to notify them you received the offer via mail form sculpture department, so they called you today, right? So there will be no phone call from the department unless you emailed them as what has been indicated in the offer? (If I interpretate correctly)

thank youf to sharing this news! glad that you got the offer of the program that you want to get in! I am still waiting for the result letters since it takes 7 days to arrive in California via standard mail.

1 hour ago, AngryHarold said:

my girlfriend interviewed and was accepted last year and they sent the results via mail, so i'm just assuming it'll be the same this year.

Did your girlfriend get good funding or a scholarship for BU? I know the cost of living is really high. ? not sure I could attend without some help. 

5 hours ago, StarryNight_1 said:

Hey, so Columbia said applicants will know by Mid march-end of march.. 

Cornell, I have no idea what's going on there..

Didn’t someone mention Columbia scheduled interviews with people feb 4th? If that’s the case then if we haven’t gotten a request for interviews by now then no dice- right?

Hey everyone, long time lurker checking in.

Here's the list of places I've applied (MFA Design/MID) to and their current status:

SVA: Interviewed

RISD: Nothing yet (most probably a reject judging from the interviews others have already given)

Pratt: Nothing yet

CCA: Nothing yet

The nerves are definitely kicking in at this point. Anyone got word from any of the above places? Checking my inbox every 5 minutes isn't helping.

Edit: Typos galore

Edited by quackophony

15 hours ago, thirdtimesthecharm said:

Did your girlfriend get good funding or a scholarship for BU? I know the cost of living is really high. ? not sure I could attend without some help. 

she got about a half-ride, but it wasn't really enough to justify the living expenses. 

we're sort of in the same boat again. i know i'm going to have to take out more loans for either tuition or living expenses, but i can't really do both. guess we'll see what happens.