MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Ughhh RISD admissions just told us results will be delayed for a week. One more week of uncertainty. The wine I bought, either to celebrate or to compensate, will have to wait. 

Further compounding this - at my SAIC interview someone asked the number of interviewees vs accepted. Program dependent obviously, but it was 60 to 15 (ish)

11 minutes ago, Makerak said:

Ughhh RISD admissions just told us results will be delayed for a week. One more week of uncertainty. The wine I bought, either to celebrate or to compensate, will have to wait. 

Further compounding this - at my SAIC interview someone asked the number of interviewees vs accepted. Program dependent obviously, but it was 60 to 15 (ish)

or buy seven more bottles to pass every night... . hahahha that's what i did hahah and other things 

Just received my formal acceptance to UW Milwaukee - MFA in Film! Full tuition remission + teaching assistantship. Should hear more about funding in March. So happy and relieved. Still waiting to hear anything about my other two applications. Good luck to everyone who has been waiting and waiting and waiting like I've been.

Edited by aghoul

1 hour ago, aghoul said:

Just received my formal acceptance to UW Milwaukee - MFA in Film! Full tuition remission + teaching assistantship. Should hear more about funding in March. So happy and relieved. Still waiting to hear anything about my other two applications. Good luck to everyone who has been waiting and waiting and waiting like I've been.

Congrats! That full funding feeling is a good one! 

Interviewed at Boston University in person today. It was pretty terrifying. I thought there would only be one or two interviewers and there were 8. Is that normal? I feel like I stammered a bit at first but did better towards the end. 

7 minutes ago, premiumcontent said:

interviewed with SAIC mfa photo on saturday and felt it went well but haven't heard back. seems as though others have received acceptances. does anyone know if they send out all of the acceptances on the same day or? does it just depend? 

I got an offer late last night, which was a full day or two after I saw someone else here got one. Don't know what to make of that, but they might be coming out in waves.

37 minutes ago, Rita Benissan said:

Do you think that Columbia will contact other applicants since they already email people the first week of February.

Unless you consider a rejection letter contact, probably not. Any waitlisted applicants will first come from those who interviewed but didn't get accepted.