MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

24 minutes ago, marlonk said:

Damn, they were? Yeah this whole experience has been so unenjoyable.

I really wonder how they base their decision. I have a (at least in my opinion admittedly...) great portfolio and plenty of professional and gallery experience.

Ultimately though, I convinced myself that I would get it and seem to be facing the (likely) rejection terribly. Really is my dream school, but I cut the application tot he last minute, yada yada. Is what it is.

sad ramble done. I would love some insight on their process

I applied to painting and haven't heard anything yet. Was told decisions wouldn't be made until late March-April. I read only 3 people are accepted into painting. Not sure about the sculpture intake. Apparently they base their decisions not on who has the most brilliant portfolio but whom they think can learn the most from the program...Hope this helps.

21 minutes ago, Paintyface said:

I applied to painting and haven't heard anything yet. Was told decisions wouldn't be made until late March-April. I read only 3 people are accepted into painting. Not sure about the sculpture intake. Apparently they base their decisions not on who has the most brilliant portfolio but whom they think can learn the most from the program...Hope this helps.

To be honest, I sort of thought this. I've been to caught up in being a pro artist that I kind of stepped into a bubble, you know? Bubble of no progression 

1 hour ago, marlonk said:

Damn, they were? Yeah this whole experience has been so unenjoyable.

I really wonder how they base their decision. I have a (at least in my opinion admittedly...) great portfolio and plenty of professional and gallery experience.

Ultimately though, I convinced myself that I would get it and seem to be facing the (likely) rejection terribly. Really is my dream school, but I cut the application tot he last minute, yada yada. Is what it is.

sad ramble done. I would love some insight on their process

It also depends on connections. One of my fellow classmates got in this year to UCLA and he had the head of the dept personal phone number so he could ask about his application and talk to him before it was officially reviewed. 

48 minutes ago, LHM said:

It also depends on connections. One of my fellow classmates got in this year to UCLA and he had the head of the dept personal phone number so he could ask about his application and talk to him before it was officially reviewed. 

crushing truth

4 minutes ago, MFAAFM said:

its nerve racking...lol how do you feel about your interview 

Seriously, plus I bet things have been delayed because of the storm. I thought my interview went ok, but not great. I thought I answered their questions pretty well, but I found it hard to read the room since there were so many vastly different personalities. How did yours go?

3 hours ago, peachgray said:

Seriously, plus I bet things have been delayed because of the storm. I thought my interview went ok, but not great. I thought I answered their questions pretty well, but I found it hard to read the room since there were so many vastly different personalities. How did yours go?

Right. I think it went pretty well.  I def fell in love with the school and Philly a lot more after visiting...happy I went...something tells me within the next couple days we will have some information