MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Interviewed with Pratt for Painting/Drawing MFA this morning. It went really well, was just conversational for the most part, and the interviewers were enthusiastic and friendly. I feel like I nailed it, but we'll find out.

Got a quarter scholarship to Boston University, which is disappointing, but it is what it is. we'll see what happens with RISD and Pratt.

9 hours ago, lowkeydead said:

anyone heard from columbia photo? thomas roma, the prof, resigned and that's the last i heard about the program. did anyone get calls for interview or got an acceptance/rejection email yet? 

I got an interview request around feb 24th, did interview on March 2nd, told me they'd have results back by 10th ish 

23 hours ago, oscarmeyer said:

@snowball0 didn't interview and haven't heard anything...someone was accepted to sculpture w/o interviewing. i keep checking this portal https://appstatus.grad.ucla.edu/Account/AppStatus.aspx

good luck

That link is letting me login with my normal username and password. They still work for the original application link. Any reason why it wouldn't work with this status page?

Just went over the Grad Cafe Results page and saw that someone posted about getting waitlisted for their MFA program Studio Arts. Was it any of you? If so, what concentration did you apply to? 

Man, this is nerve wracking huh? 

30 minutes ago, JY.LEE said:

Congrats!!!!!!!!! Oxford!!!! :wub:

May I ask if u get any back from columbia??

Hey I haven't heard a peep. I didn't even get an interview request so not hoping for much. But I wish you luck :D

FULL RIDE TO SAIC !!!! (tuition wise that is)

That pretty much concludes my whole application process, SAIC was one of my top choices, went there, loved it and the finances make it an easy choice. After an early rejection/silence from Columbia, bad interviews at the start, thought I was done for but so glad and relieved it came out like this. 

26 minutes ago, jailcowboy said:

Got invited to a new graduates day at SAIC but haven't received a formal acceptance, strange...

sameeeeee

1 hour ago, Makerak said:

FULL RIDE TO SAIC !!!! (tuition wise that is)

That pretty much concludes my whole application process, SAIC was one of my top choices, went there, loved it and the finances make it an easy choice. After an early rejection/silence from Columbia, bad interviews at the start, thought I was done for but so glad and relieved it came out like this. 

omg! I danced a bit seeing how you sounded!!!

1 hour ago, jailcowboy said:

Got invited to a new graduates day at SAIC but haven't received a formal acceptance, strange...

I got invited to a new graduates day too, and i called them that they will send me the letter late of this week

I just got accepted at Tulane. So excited and so grateful!!

I applied to the Studio Art program, had an interview with the head of the sculpture area on 02/24 and received an email from him just now with an invitation to joining the MFA program this fall.

I also applied to the MA in Medium & Material Based Art at the Oslo Academy of the Arts and got an interview scheduled for 04/05. Great program, no tuition fees but no scholarships available for me either... and Norway is not precisely cheap...

This is comes as a gift from heaven at this moment in my life, believe me...

I wish everyone the best!

On 3/8/2018 at 2:22 PM, yuv.sees said:

Congratulations!

If I can please ask, any word on funding ?

Thank you!!! Nothing yet! They called and gave the news to me, said all the remaining details will come in a couple of weeks 

3 hours ago, jailcowboy said:

That link is letting me login with my normal username and password. They still work for the original application link. Any reason why it wouldn't work with this status page?

I keep trying to login as well, but no luck. It won't let me check my status. Assuming rejection.