MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

25 minutes ago, Mr.PoopyButtHole said:

I keep trying to login as well, but no luck. It won't let me check my status. Assuming rejection. 

I had to retrieve my password on that first page. Then they email me a long password. That should do it

Final verdicts:

Slade: Rejected

CMU: Rejected

UCLA New Genres:  Rejected

Eeeeeeeek :wacko:

MICA Mount Royal: Accepted!

MICA PEM: Accepted!

Guess I'll be going to Baltimore lol. Got more money at PEM but am still conflicted. If anyone has any insights would be grateful to hear them! 

Good luck to everyone who's still awaiting results :)

Edited by calgone22

On 3/8/2018 at 10:20 AM, andreabengeart said:

Very cool!! Yes I really loved the faculty and panel interview, it seemed like a great program and opportunity. I think the grad admissions office originally told me we'd hear the decision this week and then get a packet with financial info via postal mail the next week. What did you ask the perspective students? 

Hey guys!!! Just tagging along with your thread..

I also got into MICA MFAST and am SO enamored with the care and individual attention they’re putting towards their artists. My gut tells me just to accept already! 

But I also got into SAIC low-res and CCA (which is just a few blocks from my home in SF)

choices!!!!! I did not anticipate having such a difficult decision!! How are you thinking this through?

also, having 3 years a tight class of 9 is PRETTY attractive on top of the general MICA awesomeness .. so I’ll probably end up seeing you guys this June regardless of how much agonizing I do in the next few weeks!

But they’re all good choices!

Anyway! I had a good email exchange with a current student about creating sustainable community across distance and the schools support of professional development - good feedback all around. Seems like a genuinely awesome group.

also! Check out the podcast “Beyond the Studio” - tons of interviews of MICA grads and awesome honest conversation about the nitty gritty.

Hi all,  regarding UCLA: thanks to this discussion thread for explaining how to access the UCLA status at appstatus. grad. ucla. edu/ (just request a lost password to have a new one emailed).

I offhand logged in just now and discover the rejection letter (New Genres) dated today!

So for me:

• Otis (Art & Social Practice): Accepted
  • UCLA (New Genres): Rejected
  • USC Roski: no word yet... (primary choice due to intriguing new faculty and revamped program) - Anyone else hear/not hear from Roski?

On 3/8/2018 at 11:54 AM, marlonk said:

45 minutes ago, 2018 Hopeful said:

Hi all,  regarding UCLA: thanks to this discussion thread for explaining how to access the UCLA status at appstatus. grad. ucla. edu/ (just request a lost password to have a new one emailed).

I offhand logged in just now and discover the rejection letter (New Genres) dated today!

So for me:

• USC Roski: no word yet... (primary choice due to intriguing new faculty and revamped program) - Anyone else hear/not hear from Roski?

USC Roski sent out acceptance emails today around 3pm PST. 

Edited by LHM
mistake

48 minutes ago, 2018 Hopeful said:

So for me:

Did you do interview for USC Roski?

6 hours ago, Y2K666 said:

UC Berkeley - Rejected

UC Santa Barbara - Waitlisted

UC Irvine - no word 

UCLA - no word

guess I'll order a pizza and drink booze as I contemplate myself 

UC Irvine did interviews last week and sent out acceptance calls emails a couple days ago. 

59 minutes ago, Wolfgang Liam said:

Guys seriously need some help and opinions!!!:unsure: Accepted by SAIC VCD and ACCCD graphic design. super torn. Which one is better?

Reach out to students who are in the program right now and talk to them about it

for those that interviewed at Columbia I emailed and we're not going to hear until late March...

Anyone accepted at UPenn, did they send you financial aid stuff? 

To update~

UPenn: accepted

Columbia: interviewed

NYU: interviewed

Hunter: interviewing today

Rutgers: interviewed, rejected 

Yale: #reject

Anyone have personal opinions/experience regarding Tyler's MFA Painting program? I was accepted, however I am on the waitlist for another program and would like to have more time incase I am admitted before I make a decision. Tyler is asking for a decision by March 23rd, and I've been told the waitlist for this program may go on until the end of April. 

Edited by stupidpainter

10 minutes ago, stupidpainter said:

Anyone have personal opinions/experience regarding Tyler's MFA Painting program? I was accepted, however I am on the waitlist for another program and would like to have more time incase I am admitted before I make a decision. Tyler is asking for a decision by March 23rd, and I've been told the waitlist for this program may go on until the end of April. 

Congrats. How and when were you notified. That's a great problem to have but i see how it can be super stressful!