18 hours ago, SamNpsia said:

Got an offer from GSPIA with funding :)

Congratulations !!! Do you have a preference between GSPIA and NPSIA ? (I kinda guess with your username haha). When did you send your application?

Now I am really starting to stress... :(

10 hours ago, Hopeful2017 said:

First-year NPSIA student here! Anyone moving to Ottawa and looking for female roomies, let me know! Also - any questions about NPSIA let me know :) 

For those that get first round offers, what is the likelihood that they'll get their first choice on their preference form? 

Hey all - I'm a little late to the party but I've just received my offer to NPSIA last week. Wanted to stay up to date on this thread for more info on the program as I make a decision for grad school. Congrats to everyone who was accepted so far! To everyone else who seems wholly qualified, may you not experience stress while you await your acceptance email! 

Edited by spadeofhearts

4 minutes ago, SamNpsia said:

Hey Everyone,

Just a question I spoke with NPSIA over the phone and they said that they sent admissions to students who applied to MA-JD program, and not just the MA.  Is that the same thing based on the people on this group?

I applied to the MA/JD, and my status shifted to "recommended for assessment" just this past Friday. Also, a friend of mine got accepted Friday, and she applied to the MA only. 

9 minutes ago, SamNpsia said:

Hey Everyone,

Just a question I spoke with NPSIA over the phone and they said that they sent admissions to students who applied to MA-JD program, and not just the MA.  Is that the same thing based on the people on this group?

No, I just applied to MA

1 hour ago, SamNpsia said:

Hey Everyone,

I also spoke to NPSIA earlier this morning and they said only MA-JD offers were sent out and that MA offers will only be sent out  Mid March :S. 

29 minutes ago, Issa said:

I also spoke to NPSIA earlier this morning and they said only MA-JD offers were sent out and that MA offers will only be sent out  Mid March :S. 

Okay, good to know you guys. I'm going die stressing by that point.

2 hours ago, Issa said:

Maybe they mean official offers? My offer was an ´unoffical’ email. I doubt they’d have sent every single one on the same day, however. 

Hi All, 

I've been following this thread but just decided to join in. My application status changed to 'recommended for assessment' last week. Kind of getting stressed with others on the boat! Congratulations to those who got accepted!!!!! Are there any international students on this thread?

1 hour ago, spadeofhearts said:

Maybe they mean official offers? My offer was an ´unoffical’ email. I doubt they’d have sent every single one on the same day, however. 

I think you are right !  Didn't they do something similar last year ? 

Soooo. Did anyone else get an email from a professor asking to skype? I received one that said "you are being considered for funding which may be in the form of a TAship, RAship, or Scholarship or combination of all three. If you awarded a TAship or RAship we may be working together and I would therefore like the opportunity to meet". And then gave out skype dates.

anyone else!!!! I wonder if faculty gets final say in who gets what funding based on their needs and who they want as RAs? 

7 hours ago, SamNpsia said:

Hey Everyone,

I did not apply to the MA-JD program. 

4 hours ago, ah14 said:

Hi All, 

I've been following this thread but just decided to join in. My application status changed to 'recommended for assessment' last week. Kind of getting stressed with others on the boat! Congratulations to those who got accepted!!!!! Are there any international students on this thread?

I'm an international student. I'm from India, how about you? 

My application status has been 'Under review by dept." for a week or so now but I haven't heard anything back by email yet so....kinda wondering, although I know they only JUST started handing out offers and I shouldn't be so impatient. 

I'm just wondering if international students get given offers later or at the same time as domestic students. 

@sandradee I haven't been contacted save for the initial Email, no. That's very interesting, though. I'd imagine it's largely up to the individual prof as to whether or not they reach out. Some are probably just happy to take on the cheap labour at face value. Still, it's very exciting! Make sure to let us know how the meeting goes.

23 hours ago, sunshine18 said:

For those that get first round offers, what is the likelihood that they'll get their first choice on their preference form? 

Very likely! Everyone I know got their first choice.