Fall 2018 CANADIAN clinical psychology

ContentFaces

On 2/22/2018 at 2:57 PM, Benefit said:

Oh hm. I haven't gotten an official rejection but I was definitely not accepted then (I did a preliminary skype interview but nothing further). I found out this week I won a major provincial scholarship to Calgary though. I've heard some people contact the department after finding out they win scholarships, and then get accepted, but not sure if that is actually a good strategy. 

I would say it is a good idea to inquire about it. In some rare situations, the admission committee may reconsider applicants who have external funding. I don't know how the Calgary program is like, but there is no harm in trying and at least telling them that you've received a provincial scholarship that can be carried to their program. If the scholarship is affiliated with their school, all the more reason to do so!

Best of luck!

2 hours ago, Sephix said:

Hey All,

Any news from York?? Has anyone heard anything?

Anymore rejections to report?

And the wait continues...

No news yet. But they just had their open house, and then it was reading week. So maybe soon?

Regarding Calgary, I know of one person who got accepted. They did go to the open house around the 9th and heard back early last week in the form of an official letter from the university. 

Personally, I haven't heard anything, rejection or otherwise. I'm not entirely sure what that means but I'm waiting! 

And, about York, I haven't heard anything yet, however a friend of mine noticed at least a couple weeks back that their account said Not Successful and only just got the official rejection email today. 

So I don't really have much information other than that things are happening, just at a very unclear pace. 

2 hours ago, +ve regard said:

Any U of T applicants checked ACORN today? There seem to have been some additions under 'Degree Registration Status'...what does it mean?!?

Is it still possible to check this if you are not a current U of T student?  I know it used to be possible with ROSI.

4 hours ago, RemainingHopeful said:

Regarding Calgary, I know of one person who got accepted. They did go to the open house around the 9th and heard back early last week in the form of an official letter from the university. 

Personally, I haven't heard anything, rejection or otherwise. I'm not entirely sure what that means but I'm waiting! 

And, about York, I haven't heard anything yet, however a friend of mine noticed at least a couple weeks back that their account said Not Successful and only just got the official rejection email today. 

So I don't really have much information other than that things are happening, just at a very unclear pace. 

Thanks for the update about Calgary. Have been waiting for some sort of email (rejection or otherwise!- though I'm assuming a rejection at this point). I'm also waiting for a rejection from Windsor (child track) as my online account was last updated December 6th. Just wish rejections came out already so you can decide on what to do for another full year!

1 hour ago, Piagetsky said:

Is it still possible to check this if you are not a current U of T student?  I know it used to be possible with ROSI.

I've never been a U of T student but was sent login info to create a joinID among other things. The dashboard page was blank until today! Are you able to login?

4 hours ago, +ve regard said:

Any U of T applicants checked ACORN today? There seem to have been some additions under 'Degree Registration Status'...what does it mean?!?

What does it say for you under Degree Registration Status?

7 minutes ago, Anne said:

What does it say for you under Degree Registration Status?

"(the abbrv of the program) - Invited." I'm going to stay cool until I get an official letter/call/e-mail though. Hmmm. 

Edited by +ve regard

2 hours ago, +ve regard said:

"(the abbrv of the program) - Invited." I'm going to stay cool until I get an official letter/call/e-mail though. Hmmm. 

This means you are invited to enrol in courses for the next semester AKA I’m pretty sure it’s an acceptable! Fingers crossed for you :) 

Did your application status change on SGS?

Edited by Neurophilic

4 hours ago, lovewemll said:

Hi congratulations! May I ask where I can view my Degree Registration Status? I'm not a U of T student. I don't think I would be able to log in to Acorn.

You don’t need to be a student to log on to Acorn. If you applied to Toronto you should have received a link to activate your joinID. You can use this username and your created password to log on to Acorn. :) 

9 hours ago, Neurophilic said:

Did your application status change on SGS?

Haha - no! It still says 'Documents Received'

@lovewemll I'm not a U of T student either (never have been...til now maybe?!). As @Neurophilic mentioned, once you're on ACORN, the 'Dashboard' is the main page and it's right in the middle of that. I hope you're able to log in, the system is a bit funny sometimes. 

Edited by +ve regard

19 hours ago, Sephix said:

Hey All,

Any news from York?? Has anyone heard anything?

Anymore rejections to report?

And the wait continues...

After the open house, most of the profs have sent in their recommendations for admission for first round. Im not 100% sure if the admission letters have gone out officially. There is a chance that some of the priority POI have turned down the students they brought to the open house/decided not to take a student, or that people will decline outright though, so its possible there may be a couple POIs who will do interviews between now and around April. The people that arent still being considered as backups/possibilities for other pois will likely get a second round of rejections sometime soon.

Edited by BeezKnees

3 hours ago, BeezKnees said:

After the open house, most of the profs have sent in their recommendations for admission for first round. Im not 100% sure if the admission letters have gone out officially. There is a chance that some of the priority POI have turned down the students they brought to the open house/decided not to take a student, or that people will decline outright though, so its possible there may be a couple POIs who will do interviews between now and around April. The people that arent still being considered as backups/possibilities for other pois will likely get a second round of rejections sometime soon.

Do you know how long it takes for the official offers to go out ?