Fall 2018 CANADIAN clinical psychology

ContentFaces

17 hours ago, punkwich said:

ahh, oh well! I await my rejection email then

Ditto. I got an automated email telling me my University of New Brunswick application status has changed and to check the portal but when I go there it just says "The assessment of your application is now complete. A letter or email regarding your assessment has been sent to you." Assuming a rejection. 

1 hour ago, iliketurtlestoo said:

Ditto. I got an automated email telling me my University of New Brunswick application status has changed and to check the portal but when I go there it just says "The assessment of your application is now complete. A letter or email regarding your assessment has been sent to you." Assuming a rejection. 

Looking back at my old emails of previous applications, they usually sed out rejections for people who didn't get interviews a week or so after they sent out acceptances. This email will come from the graduate school. 

1 hour ago, FacelessMage said:

Looking back at my old emails of previous applications, they usually sed out rejections for people who didn't get interviews a week or so after they sent out acceptances. This email will come from the graduate school. 

A question for you, since you are already in Grad school! How did you cope with the waiting for results? I'm having trouble sleeping and my anxiety is off the charts. I'm just so nervous.

3 hours ago, iliketurtlestoo said:

Yeah I  just checked that too, so I assume my rejection will be coming. Ah well, it was one of my top choices but at least I have an acceptance somewhere.

On 2/5/2018 at 2:48 PM, CanadaArrive said:

Wondering if anyone in the know could help me... I have applied to 9 different universities and have had one interview.  Does anyone know what's happening with the rest of them -

University of Calgary

Ryerson University

University of Western Ontario

Queen's University

University of Guelph

University of New Brunswick

I have also applied to Acadia and Memorial but know they are much later.

Western had our interview day yesterday (in addition, a couple of others who couldn't attend are interviewing next week). 

If a POI says they have put your name forward to the committee, but ultimately the committee will rank the applicants and decide who the offers go out to. What do you think the chances are of getting an offer? That might be kind of a hard question to answer. I'm just really anxious as it is my top choice.   

37 minutes ago, Benefit said:

If a POI says they have put your name forward to the committee, but ultimately the committee will rank the applicants and decide who the offers go out to. What do you think the chances are of getting an offer? That might be kind of a hard question to answer. I'm just really anxious as it is my top choice.   

I'd say your chances are pretty good (depending on the school). Even if you're waitlisted, there's still a chance that you'll get an offer at some point. 

So U of M has a slightly different process - phone convo with POI and if that goes well, a clinical suitability interview with the director of psychological services. I’ve been told at that point it’s up to the POI to rank and send out offers.

I’ve completed both interviews, and now waiting to hear back. I’ve emailed the POI and the director after each interview to thank them for their time.

Now I’m just stewing in anxiety and debating whether to email the POI again to express my continued interest..... bad idea? Thoughts??

If I did email I don’t even know what exactly I would say.. ahh! This is a painful process ?

Edited by Sharbar

8 minutes ago, Sharbar said:

So U of M has a slightly different process - phone convo with POI and if that goes well, a clinical suitability interview with the director of psychological services. I’ve been told at that point it’s up to the POI to rank and send out offers.

I’ve completed both interviews, and now waiting to hear back. I’ve emailed the POI and the director after each interview to thank them for their time.

Now I’m just stewing in anxiety and debating whether to email the POI again to express my continued interest..... bad idea? If I did email I don’t even know what exactly I would say.. ahh! This is a painful process ?

Good luck!!!

Edited by Desperate Clinical

55 minutes ago, Sharbar said:

Now I’m just stewing in anxiety and debating whether to email the POI again to express my continued interest..... bad idea? Thoughts??

If I did email I don’t even know what exactly I would say.. ahh! This is a painful process ?

I would hold off on emailing because it isn’t likely to help your chances. You already demonstrated that you’re interested by sending thank you emails, and you obviously came across well if you got to the second stage of interviews. 

I know it’s hard, but academia is full of (anxiety-inducing) waiting and you don’t want to seem impatient. Just try to wait it out and hopefully you’ll have good news soon :) 

4 minutes ago, CanadaArrive said:

Just a quick question - a few people have now received rejections as well as offers or interviews from UNB but I haven't heard anything.  Any ideas why?

Further to this, I just checked my online account and received this seemingly common status notification: "The assessment of your application is now complete. A letter or email regarding your assessment has been sent to you".  Rejected?

5 minutes ago, CanadaArrive said:

Further to this, I just checked my online account and received this seemingly common status notification: "The assessment of your application is now complete. A letter or email regarding your assessment has been sent to you".  Rejected?

Please forget everything i have just asked and said - I have been rejected too. 

2 hours ago, CanadaArrive said:

Just a quick question - a few people have now received rejections as well as offers or interviews from UNB but I haven't heard anything.  Any ideas why?

Rejections post-interview come from the department; rejections without an interview come later from the graduate school. 

4 minutes ago, prospectclin said:

i think ppl have heard about the developmental program but no one on this thread (including me) has heard from adult :( their open house is feb 16th i believe

I thought the open house for CD and adult were both this Friday? 

1 hour ago, Neurophilic said:

Has anyone heard from York for the open house yet?

3 minutes ago, prospectclin said:

i think ppl have heard about the developmental program but no one on this thread (including me) has heard from adult :( their open house is feb 16th i believe

I know some Clinical profs have sent out their invitations. If you haven't heard back, but also haven't received a rejection yet, that could mean that you are both on a shortlist. Some rejections have been sent out already so there's still a chance!

4 minutes ago, Jay's Brain said:

I know some Clinical profs have sent out their invitations. If you haven't heard back, but also haven't received a rejection yet, that could mean that you are both on a shortlist. Some rejections have been sent out already so there's still a chance!

lol choosing to believe this. Thanks @Jay's Brain