Fall 2018 CANADIAN clinical psychology

ContentFaces

20 minutes ago, WillPressLeverForFood said:

Me too :(.

43 minutes ago, ContentFaces said:

Just received my rejection from SFU from the graduate coordinator

9 hours ago, FacelessMage said:

SFU always takes a while to get back to students after interviews. After looking back on my past emails, it's likely you'll hear back this week. 

3 hours ago, Sephix said:

Hey All,

Do you mind posting your POIs initials here? The reason I ask is that I heard some profs take longer to provide their lists than others and based on my very brief correspondence with the school, some students have heard back but those specific POI's respond quickly etc. 

Let me know :) - I have a couple friends who are students at SFU and I can ask them!

I too got the rejection  email just a moment ago :( thanks guys anyway!

Edited by Dylia

6 minutes ago, Dylia said:

I too got the rejection  email just a moment ago :( thanks guys anyway!

Dylia,

I am so sorry to hear - what were the initials of your POI? Please and thank you

For anyone wondering about Calgary, I just emailed the department to ask about the progress of my own application.   I was told that the initial round of interview invites and rejections went out weeks ago and that anyone not contacted should consider themselves on the waitlist.  It won't be long before the next wave happens but I was not given a time scale.

33 minutes ago, CanadaArrive said:

For anyone wondering about Calgary, I just emailed the department to ask about the progress of my own application.   I was told that the initial round of interview invites and rejections went out weeks ago and that anyone not contacted should consider themselves on the waitlist.  It won't be long before the next wave happens but I was not given a time scale.

Oh hm. I haven't gotten an official rejection but I was definitely not accepted then (I did a preliminary skype interview but nothing further). I found out this week I won a major provincial scholarship to Calgary though. I've heard some people contact the department after finding out they win scholarships, and then get accepted, but not sure if that is actually a good strategy. 

56 minutes ago, Benefit said:

Oh hm. I haven't gotten an official rejection but I was definitely not accepted then (I did a preliminary skype interview but nothing further). I found out this week I won a major provincial scholarship to Calgary though. I've heard some people contact the department after finding out they win scholarships, and then get accepted, but not sure if that is actually a good strategy. 

I'm afraid i can't be much help.  I'm not just a clueless first time applicant, I am from the UK so don't really understand the system.

3 hours ago, CanadaArrive said:

Interesting.  I've been wondering about Calgary.  I haven't heard anything one way or the other and assumed rejection, but that's very interesting about the waitlist.   I wonder how many people are on it.  Was the person you communicated with a person by the initials BG?

Edited by Piagetsky

1 hour ago, Piagetsky said:

Interesting.  I've been wondering about Calgary.  I haven't heard anything one way or the other and assumed rejection, but that's very interesting about the waitlist.   I wonder how many people are on it.  Was the person you communicated with a person by the initials BG?

Yes! Been lovely every time I reached out.  Gave the impression they will do another round of interviews with waitlisted applicants.

1 hour ago, clinpsychian said:

Has anyone heard back from Ryerson regarding their first round of admission offers? Or whether they're still meeting and interviewing people?

No.  I emailed them today too but was told to just watch my online account.  Wasn't told anything about waitlists but the impression I got was that I shouldn't assume rejection necessarily despite not having been interviewed.  Similar to Calgary, first round of interviews and rejections have definitely gone out but this rolling admission malarkey may mean we have a chance. 

5 hours ago, Benefit said:

I would absolutely pass that on.  If not directly to the prof, to the grad secretary who can share that info with the relevant people.  

Just thought I would mention that offers for Western have been sent out (my friend was sent the rejection email this evening, after being short-listed for the interview a couple weeks ago). 

17 hours ago, CanadaArrive said:

No.  I emailed them today too but was told to just watch my online account.  Wasn't told anything about waitlists but the impression I got was that I shouldn't assume rejection necessarily despite not having been interviewed.  Similar to Calgary, first round of interviews and rejections have definitely gone out but this rolling admission malarkey may mean we have a chance. 

"Malarkey" - WELL PUT!

Currently I am frustrated with three schools as I know the others are rejections: Queens, York and Ryerson.

1) York - It says no decision has been made so I guess I am waiting on round 2

2) Queens - No f'ing ideas on anything but I know they send out rejections in March so I guess I am rejected? or round 2? Their open house is March 9th so I have heard that you can get an offer to the open house as close as a few days before...

3) Ryerson - no bloody idea - their online system is not the best and there is no information to suggest that I have moved on but I am going to assume rejection as this is one of the hardest schools to get in to.

Nonetheless, the wait continues ... sigh...what a lovely process!

5 minutes ago, lofirun said:

Anyone applied to OISE SSCP? Application still under review for me. If I haven't been contacted for an interview, does that mean I should be expecting a letter of rejection soon? 

That "under review" never changes (mine was still under review from 2 years ago), so that portal is not very informative.  From what I understand, the committee met late January and the profs had to have their selections in the first week of February.  Informal offers have been extended, and official letters are going out early March-ish. 

1 hour ago, Sephix said:

"Malarkey" - WELL PUT!

Currently I am frustrated with three schools as I know the others are rejections: Queens, York and Ryerson.

1) York - It says no decision has been made so I guess I am waiting on round 2

2) Queens - No f'ing ideas on anything but I know they send out rejections in March so I guess I am rejected? or round 2? Their open house is March 9th so I have heard that you can get an offer to the open house as close as a few days before...

3) Ryerson - no bloody idea - their online system is not the best and there is no information to suggest that I have moved on but I am going to assume rejection as this is one of the hardest schools to get in to.

Nonetheless, the wait continues ... sigh...what a lovely process!

I have news on Queen's - I have been rejected but only found out after pestering a few members of staff who CC'd their reply to several people.  They did however say that they are still in the process of contacting some people but gave no time scale for its completion. 

4 minutes ago, CanadaArrive said:

I have news on Queen's - I have been rejected but only found out after pestering a few members of staff who CC'd their reply to several people.  They did however say that they are still in the process of contacting some people but gave no time scale for its completion. 

Thanks CA,

I have news on Ryerson: I emailed the secretary or whoever I was supposed to email and she said this:

All of the applications are in review.

(I asked if we will know by end of March and she said:) - Yes, mid-March is when it will all be wrapped up.

So everyone - wait until mid-March :)

9 minutes ago, Sephix said:

Thanks CA,

I have news on Ryerson: I emailed the secretary or whoever I was supposed to email and she said this:

All of the applications are in review.

(I asked if we will know by end of March and she said:) - Yes, mid-March is when it will all be wrapped up.

So everyone - wait until mid-March :)

Thanks for the update!