Fall 2018 CANADIAN clinical psychology

ContentFaces

37 minutes ago, neurocafe said:

Do you know how long it takes for the official offers to go out ?

Once the POI has spoken to accepted students, the official offer (i.e., acceptance letter) tends to go out quite quickly. Reading Week just came and went, and with some other university-related changes coming up, it might mean a bit of a gap time. But as @BeezKnees said, expect those to come soon - sometime in March!

On 2/26/2018 at 1:43 PM, Sephix said:

Hey All,

Any news from York?? Has anyone heard anything?

Anymore rejections to report?

And the wait continues...

just received my official rejection letter yesterday. However, it was posted on the website like a month ago

8 hours ago, neurocafe said:

Do you know how long it takes for the official offers to go out ?

I heard from my POI about 3 days after my interview that he had put in a recommendation, then got my official offer about a week after that. So probably about a week or so!

26 minutes ago, snowflake95 said:

Hey, for those who applied to Mcgill has anyone heard anything? My application still says "in review"

I know that the majority of interviews have been done and the department had their day where professors discuss potential students. Invites should probably go out in the next couple of weeks (I assume). The online application is very slow and not always updated so I'd probably rely more on emails!

Still waiting to hear back from windsor child clinical... was told I would hear back mid-feb and have since sent an email to the graduate secretary and my POI and have not received any info. Wondering if I should send another as it has been a couple of weeks, and maybe my e-mails were lost among clutter :S anyone have any info?

35 minutes ago, Psych.kitty said:

Still waiting to hear back from windsor child clinical... was told I would hear back mid-feb and have since sent an email to the graduate secretary and my POI and have not received any info. Wondering if I should send another as it has been a couple of weeks, and maybe my e-mails were lost among clutter :S anyone have any info?

Same here! I e-mailed the graduate secretary on Feb 16th and still have not heard anything back...I'm assuming it means those who weren't contacted yet are on the waitlist? I heard that some people were accepted the week of Feb 12th. 

1 hour ago, Psych.kitty said:

1 hour ago, Zipp said:

Same here! I e-mailed the graduate secretary on Feb 16th and still have not heard anything back...I'm assuming it means those who weren't contacted yet are on the waitlist? I heard that some people were accepted the week of Feb 12th. 

Same! I emailed the secretary yesterday and did not get a reply. Wish they could tell us something already!

5 hours ago, Zipp said:

3 hours ago, psyo77 said:

Same! I emailed the secretary yesterday and did not get a reply. Wish they could tell us something already!

Hey sorry guys, one of my friends received their informal offer earlier in the month and their official offer around the 12th...they told me their open house is next Friday the 9th.

If you are waiting, the chances are, they are trying to see which students will accept and whatnot before sending waitlist or rejection offers.

I will talk to my friend after the 9th and let you guys know!

1 hour ago, Sephix said:

Hey sorry guys, one of my friends received their informal offer earlier in the month and their official offer around the 12th...they told me their open house is next Friday the 9th.

If you are waiting, the chances are, they are trying to see which students will accept and whatnot before sending waitlist or rejection offers.

Thank you for the info! 

3 hours ago, Sephix said:

Thank you! 

16 hours ago, clinicaldreamer said:

Anyone here from UOFT (Clinical and counselling) or UBC-V?

I have not heard from UBC-V.  However, i was not invited to interview, so I am quite sure I am unofficially rejected.

1 hour ago, Sharbar said:

If anyone was curious about Waterloo, they just sent out their rejection emails!

I didn't get a rejection email, and quest says no decision yet. I was short listed and did a preliminary interview but wasn't invited to Interview Day. So I figure my rejection will just come a bit later. Anyone else in the same boat?

17 minutes ago, Anne said:

I didn't get a rejection email, and quest says no decision yet. I was short listed and did a preliminary interview but wasn't invited to Interview Day. So I figure my rejection will just come a bit later. Anyone else in the same boat?

If you were shortlisted it might be possible the decision is still pending. I wasn’t invited for an interview 

31 minutes ago, Anne said:

Same here! I wasn't invited for the interview after the one with my poi. Not sure what's going to happen.... 

I know someone here mentioned French schools, so I thought this information might be useful:

I applied to: Concordia, Université de Montréal (UdeM), Université du Québéc à Montréal (UQAM), Université du Québéc à Trois-Rivières (UQTR) & Université de Sherbrooke (UdeS).

I was interviewed at Concordia and my POI has recommended me for admission but I am still waiting for an official decision. I was also invited to interview at UQAM and UdeS, both of which are in a few weeks from now. I know UQTR doesn't do interviews, so all that's left is UdeM. Has anyone heard from UdeM for the PsyD or PhD (adult clinical)? 

Best of luck to everyone! 

Edited by Brizzle

1 hour ago, Brizzle said:

I know someone here mentioned French schools, so I thought this information might be useful:

I applied to: Concordia, Université de Montréal (UdeM), Université du Québéc à Montréal (UQAM), Université du Québéc à Trois-Rivières (UQTR) & Université de Sherbrooke (UdeS).

I was interviewed at Concordia and my POI has recommended me for admission but I am still waiting for an official decision. I was also invited to interview at UQAM and UdeS, both of which are in a few weeks from now. I know UQTR doesn't do interviews, so all that's left is UdeM. Has anyone heard from UdeM for the PsyD or PhD (adult clinical)? 

Would you mind messaging me the initials of your POI at Concordia?

1 hour ago, Brizzle said:

Hi! Would you be comfortable sharing the name of your POI for Concordia??

On 27/02/2018 at 9:20 PM, snowflake95 said:

just received my official rejection letter yesterday. However, it was posted on the website like a month ago

Same with my rejection from York. Probably the dept rejected online and office of grad studies sends official letter

Edited by Regina77
Typo

I had received a rejection e-mail from Queen's last week, but then just yesterday I got an e-mail from my POI who was apparently asked by the committee to follow up on a part of my application. After exchanging a couple emails, I received an email saying that I've been offered a spot! The committee will officially reach out to me in a couple days.

So to those who have been rejected so far, maybe there's still hope!! Good luck guys

1 hour ago, maoyup said:

I had received a rejection e-mail from Queen's last week, but then just yesterday I got an e-mail from my POI who was apparently asked by the committee to follow up on a part of my application. After exchanging a couple emails, I received an email saying that I've been offered a spot! The committee will officially reach out to me in a couple days.

So to those who have been rejected so far, maybe there's still hope!! Good luck guys

Stories like this give me lots of hope... congrats to you!!! 

Had you been interviewed prior to the initial rejection? 

13 minutes ago, Laur479 said:

Stories like this give me lots of hope... congrats to you!!! 

Had you been interviewed prior to the initial rejection? 

Thank you so much!

I got in touch with my POI way back in November. He mentioned that we had very similar research interests and encouraged me to apply. I tried to open up the possibility for a Skype chat then, but he didn't reply until now.