Fall 2018 CANADIAN clinical psychology

ContentFaces

33 minutes ago, Psych.kitty said:

Has anybody heard from Queen's yet, or Windsor for the child psychology stream?  

Did anyone else just get an email from Queens about you’re invited to Celebrating Graduate Studies? Does anyone know what that is? 

45 minutes ago, Benefit said:

Did anyone else just get an email from Queens about you’re invited to Celebrating Graduate Studies? Does anyone know what that is? 

I too just got this weird email inviting me...why would they send this if we weren't invited for interviews?

Queens is so frustrating haha

6 minutes ago, Sephix said:

I too just got this weird email inviting me...why would they send this if we weren't invited for interviews?

Queens doesn't always interview! But I'm pretty sure first round offers were sent out

Hey guys,

I'm in a little bit of a situation and thought I would ask my fellow Canadian applicants for advice.

Essentially I applied to multiple schools, however, I really only had one school I wanted to attend. Consequently, I didn't put in as much effort into my other applications (i.e. contacting POIs) - I know, not smart :(.

My undergraduate thesis is a substudy (one of 4) from a larger hospital study, and it turns out my POI from another school is an author on one of the other substudies! Turns out our interests are very much alike. We had a conference call with the other researchers, and she knows who I am but she most likely does not know I applied to work with her (yet). This is the first time I spoke to her and it was via webconference. 

Any advice on how I should approach this situation? I would like to contact her but it feels like I missed my chance/screwed up.

Thanks in advance! :) 

Edited by Neurophilic

53 minutes ago, Sephix said:

Got the same email as both of you.  I don't think it has anything to do with our applications other than that they have our emails.

35 minutes ago, Neurophilic said:

Hey guys,

I'm in a little bit of a situation and thought I would ask my fellow Canadian applicants for advice.

Essentially I applied to multiple schools, however, I really only had one school I wanted to attend. Consequently, I didn't put in as much effort into my other applications (i.e. contacting POIs) - I know, not smart :(.

My undergraduate thesis is a substudy (one of 4) from a larger hospital study, and it turns out my POI from another school is an author on one of the other substudies! Turns out our interests are very much alike. We had a conference call with the other researchers, and she knows who I am but she most likely does not know I applied to work with her (yet). This is the first time I spoke to her and it was via webconference. 

Any advice on how I should approach this situation? I would like to contact her but it feels like I missed my chance/screwed up.

Thanks in advance! :) 

I would take a chance and email her anyways. You could let her know that you did apply to work with her and ask if she is accepting students this year, that you are very interested in her research and the program, etc. 

1 hour ago, Sephix said:

It's probably coming from the graduate school. I got emails like this from several schools I applied to. It's so frustrating to receive these as an applicant. 

5 hours ago, Anne said:

Queens doesn't always interview! But I'm pretty sure first round offers were sent out

Hey Anne,

That's cool but, we are applicants and honestly, we don't really care about spam emails form schools when every email we get we are hoping is an invite...so I don't care about their grad week unless it is AFTER I get an invite of some sort, and at that point, I am all ears and fully committed! 

14 hours ago, Sephix said:

Hey Anne,

That's cool but, we are applicants and honestly, we don't really care about spam emails form schools when every email we get we are hoping is an invite...so I don't care about their grad week unless it is AFTER I get an invite of some sort, and at that point, I am all ears and fully committed! 

I agree! 

On 2/14/2018 at 3:02 PM, Sharbar said:

Just received email from POI that I’ve been recommended for admission and I’ll be receiving an official offer in the mail shortly :)

this group seriously kept me sane through my insane anxiety. Thank you all ? 

congratulations! do you mind dm-ing me which school you gained an offer from? 

11 minutes ago, Plunk said:

Stiilllll no word from Ottawa?!?

Last week, my honours thesis supervisor said that the professors hadn't received the list of applicants yet. My guess is that they'll receive it either this week or next week. Then the professors will choose who they want to interview. So it may take a while.

Has anyone else heard from uvic, sfu, windsor, Waterloo, and York? I haven't heard anything post interviews (except York - haven't heard anything at all) - should I expect rejections ? When do you typically know if you've been waitlisted, etc? Thanks so much in advance !

Edited by Dylia

15 minutes ago, Dylia said:

Has anyone else heard from uvic, sfu, windsor, Waterloo, and York? I haven't heard anything post interviews - should I expect rejections ? When do you typically know if you've been waitlisted, etc? Thanks so much in advance !

Not sure about any of the others, but York is having their open house today. After that, the first round of acceptances should be going out relatively soon after (although reading week may delay this a bit). With that being said, for York last year 4 out of the 8 people in the accepted class did not attend the open house, so don't give up hope until you receive a rejection!

3 hours ago, BeezKnees said:

Not sure about any of the others, but York is having their open house today. After that, the first round of acceptances should be going out relatively soon after (although reading week may delay this a bit). With that being said, for York last year 4 out of the 8 people in the accepted class did not attend the open house, so don't give up hope until you receive a rejection!

Thanks! It's relieving to know that there's still a chance ! I thought once you've done some interviews, it's done, but this waiting period is almost suffocating me.. haha

Edited by Dylia

5 hours ago, RavenAndTheCrow said:

I received an email from my POI today for UOttawa for a Skype interview next week. So apparently they're starting to roll out for some profs!

Hey! If you are comfortable could you PM me the initials of your POI?? 

On 2/14/2018 at 2:44 PM, prospectclin said:

has anyone received a rejection from guelph?

Acceptances / rejections were sent out Tuesday (Feb. 13th), as a friend of mine received a rejection that day. This was for all the people who were invited to the interview.