The Positivity Thread

PokePsych

6 hours ago, Carly Rae Jepsen said:

At 23 you think you've seen all mammals on Earth on TV and zoos and yet I have just found out about this animal called a civet. It looks like a weasel or raccoon with a long body and leopard spots. I'm so happy...apparently there's much to be found out about the world yet for me.

this made my day. So over saying goodbye to people

6 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I may be traveling to Switzerland in September. Fingers crossed. 

I am almost done with my Vanier application. Only two letters of referees are missing to my application and that's it :)

go you! I packed my suitcase. Happy to fly Etihad and have the 30 kg of check in :P

I learned a very good news for my conference in August.

Plus, I wrote an op-ed yesterday to the newspaper and they are going to publish it in the next couple of days. It's a reputable newspaper here and I had tried to get published many many times, but this time around was the good one.

:)

I have been offered a TAship for next fall, but I don't know if I'll accepted. I did not get any successful offers a few weeks ago, so I took other commitments for next fall assuming that they wouldn't offer me a TAship. Now I don't know what to do. I have to give them an answer by Tuesday. I also have my thesis to finish and complete...

• 2 weeks later...

Many things.

1. My mood seems to get better since a couple of days. I'm happy about that. I feel less sad.

2. I had my training for new teaching assistants today.

3. I wanted to see the movie Crazy Rich Asians tonight with two friends, turned out it was sold out. So we went to have ice cream instead and started talking about doing a trip together in summer 2019 to Spain and/or Italy before I start my PhD. :)

4. The recruitment campaign for my research project is going well. I now have 6 potential participants that have shown interested out of 12 in total. And that's within a few days of advertising my project. Great.

5. I'm excited for back to school.

6. I am leaving for France on Friday (for a conference).

7. I feel good about my makeup today (hahaha, happens every once in a while!)

Edited by Adelaide9216

I've become "The Antro Person" in my Ecology classes and "The Ecology Person" in my Anthropology classes. It's a little isolating but also fun because I'm bringing things to the discussions that sometimes the professors teaching the class haven't heard of. It'll take some getting used to, but it's also a really fun place to be and lets me teach new people about why I love these two fields!