The Positivity Thread

PokePsych

2 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I finished the first draft of my MSW thesis in its entirety! 98 pages! I will send it to my supervisor in early January to get her comments before sending it to the external examinator.

Yay!!! You did it! :)

Today I turn 22. My birthday is always my least favorite day of the year, but I'm trying to look on the bright side. Received an interview invite yesterday from a school where I thought I had no chance, so that was the best gift. It's funny how I'm potentially going to graduate school yet still feel 12. It doesn't even seem like I should be an undergraduate sometimes!

7 hours ago, sgaw10 said:

Today I turn 22. My birthday is always my least favorite day of the year, but I'm trying to look on the bright side. Received an interview invite yesterday from a school where I thought I had no chance, so that was the best gift. It's funny how I'm potentially going to graduate school yet still feel 12. It doesn't even seem like I should be an undergraduate sometimes!

I hear you--I'm 32 and it took me forever to feel somewhat sorta kinda like an adult, but now I feel ancient sometimes! Enjoy your youth while it lasts, you have so much time and opportunity spreading out before you. Congrats on the interview!

1 hour ago, bibliophile222 said:

I hear you--I'm 32 and it took me forever to feel somewhat sorta kinda like an adult, but now I feel ancient sometimes! Enjoy your youth while it lasts, you have so much time and opportunity spreading out before you. Congrats on the interview!

Thanks for that! Like, it feels silly to say that I'm this old. It shouldn't be a thing. I could pass for a 15 year old, too.

41 minutes ago, Psygeek said:

HAPPY FOR YOU!

Thanks! I announced it on FB, hesitated before doing it because I still need to submit my master's thesis in three weeks and there is no guarantee that I will pass lol. But my sister told me that it's already a great accomplishment to be admitted to a PhD program. So I need to allow myself to be happy about that, even if I know that it's one thing to be admitted and a whole other thing to graduate. 

Flying to Phoenix tomorrow for a music festival :) That should distract me from checking my emails way too much. But I also hope I don't receive bad news tomorrow to ruin my weekend...