2018 Acceptances

19 minutes ago, Crow T. Robot said:

I GOT INTO BROWN!!!!!! I am speechless. Massive congrats to everyone who's gotten good news over the past few days while I wasn't checking this thread as closely. Y'all rock.

Wow, that's a truly impressive acceptance! All of the MCM folks I've met have been impressive, interesting people.  Congratulations.  Who are your PoI's there?

Edited by jrockford27

13 minutes ago, Crow T. Robot said:

I GOT INTO BROWN!!!!!! I am speechless. Massive congrats to everyone who's gotten good news over the past few days while I wasn't checking this thread as closely. Y'all rock.

Holy crap! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

15 minutes ago, Crow T. Robot said:

Super curious--by what method/from whom did you get the acceptance?

Thank you all for the kind words!!!! I am blown away. @jrockford27, Jacques Khalip and Timothy Bewes are my POIs in the English department, and Joan Copjec in the MCM department is my absolute academic idol. @punctilious, I got an email from the DGS. Hoping for good news for you and your husband!

3 minutes ago, Crow T. Robot said:

Thank you all for the kind words!!!! I am blown away. @jrockford27, Jacques Khalip and Timothy Bewes are my POIs in the English department, and Joan Copjec in the MCM department is my absolute academic idol. @punctilious, I got an email from the DGS. Hoping for good news for you and your husband!

Good to know--Timothy Bewes was one of our POIs so I'm guessing we're probably out of luck there. Thank you so much for the info!

12 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Good to know--Timothy Bewes was one of our POIs so I'm guessing we're probably out of luck there. Thank you so much for the info!

You never know! I'm not sure what their cadence is for notifying!

3 hours ago, renea said:

I told myself that I was going to sleep in today to avoid the anxiety of waiting for Miami's portal to update (at 10:40am), but I woke up at 8:00am. Finally updated and I'm accepted!

Congrats!! So excited for you! My mentor went to Miami and absolutely loved it there (his only gripe was Oxford itself). I'm still waiting for my Miami portal to update!  

12 minutes ago,  Fineanddandy said: 

I’m a lurker. I’ve applied to 11 programs. I’ve been told that I was an extremely strong candidate, yet all rejections so far. Not even a waitlist. What bothers me most is the demeanor of some people on these boards who have already been accepted to more than 1 school, yet they are complaining about rejections. Gratitude. Be thankful you have been accepted to ONE. I’m sure y’all don’t mean to sound that way - but that’s how it comes across.  Not a troll. A sad person, who will pick myself up and continue my pursuits. Best to you all and congrats to those who’ve been accepted. 

1 hour ago, Crow T. Robot said:

WOW!!! Congratulations!!!!

And congratulations to everyone else who has posted happy news since the last time I checked here!! It feels great to be rooting for people and then watch their good news roll in.

3 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Congratulations!!! That’s so exciting! Are we now together in the one acceptance/two waitlists boat? Haha. 

That we are! All 3 scenarios would lead to very different experiences!

56 minutes ago, Fineanddandy said:
   12 minutes ago,  Fineanddandy said: 

I’m a lurker. I’ve applied to 11 programs. I’ve been told that I was an extremely strong candidate, yet all rejections so far. Not even a waitlist. What bothers me most is the demeanor of some people on these boards who have already been accepted to more than 1 school, yet they are complaining about rejections. Gratitude. Be thankful you have been accepted to ONE. I’m sure y’all don’t mean to sound that way - but that’s how it comes across.  Not a troll. A sad person, who will pick myself up and continue my pursuits. Best to you all and congrats to those who’ve been accepted. 

This post might have been better put on the Venting thread. I am sorry for your experience thus far, and I agree that it is always good to keep perspective when a rejection comes in if you do have other offers or waitlists. That being said, people, even people who have acceptances, are allowed to feel disappointed when they are rejected and express that disappointment. It might be a school they thought they would fit in best at, or the school that would enable them to stay close to loved ones. It's a matter of being human, not being ungrateful. I personally plan to wail like an infant when Columbia rejects me, because I really see myself in that program and many of the people I love most in the world have moved to Manhattan or Brooklyn. (Though I will likely limit my wailing to the real world with only chihuahuas as audience.)

I really do hope you have an acceptance on the horizon, and that things turn around for you this season.

There are rejections and acceptances for Brown on the board yet I have heard nothing. Does anyone have any information on this?

8 minutes ago, Warelin said:

Waitlisted at Penn State

Also, congrats! I have yet to hear back from PSU. How did you find this out?

I see Emory is sending things out today! Congrats to the person who got in! Nothing but silence from them on my end; I didn't get interviewed, so I've counted myself out, but I'd like to get that firm rejection out of the way. 

And huge congrats to @Crow T. Robot and others!

Edited by JustPoesieAlong

7 minutes ago, Dogfish Head said:

There are rejections and acceptances for Brown on the board yet I have heard nothing. Does anyone have any information on this?

Also, congrats! I have yet to hear back from PSU. How did you find this out?

I called Brown and they said that only some of the acceptances had been sent out, and the rest will most likely be coming later today.  I read on one of the forums that the most recent rejection was from somebody who saw all the acceptance and assumed they'd been rejected.