2018 Acceptances

1 hour ago, la_mod said:

GUYS. Just got a call from USC. My first acceptance. Glad I let it go to voicemail because I would have cried :')

Congrats! I ran out of reactions for the first time. Too much good news, I think! 

22 minutes ago, LibraryLivingJT said:

HOLY SHIT THAT'S AWESOME! They are my number one choice, so also hoping for a phonecall!

My fingers are crossed for you--it seems that the phone calls are slowly rolling in today according to the results board, so keep us updated if you hear anything!

1 hour ago, la_mod said:

GUYS. Just got a call from USC. My first acceptance. Glad I let it go to voicemail because I would have cried :')

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curse the reaction limit!!! Will "like" tomorrow!!!!!

Edited by FreakyFoucault

1 hour ago, punctilious said:

First of all, what's with all the Sunday notifications? Second of all, HUSBAND JUST GOT WAITLISTED AT BOSTON COLLEGE WHAAAAATTT? This is SUPER unexpected but amazing!

YAY! That's superamazing!

1 hour ago, la_mod said:

Your hard work from the past year is paying off. Congrats!

1 hour ago, punctilious said:

My fingers are crossed for you--it seems that the phone calls are slowly rolling in today according to the results board, so keep us updated if you hear anything!

Not holding my breath, because nothing yet.

Thank you!

39 minutes ago, clinamen said:

Wow can’t believe all of the news on a Sunday!! Congrats to all the acceptances! I was waitlisted at USC ?

Congrats on the waitlist! And I'd love to hear if you received any additional info on Boston College's program/funding, since we are now on the waitlist there!

6 hours ago, la_mod said:

Yesss! I hope this first acceptance takes a load of stress off :-)

5 hours ago, punctilious said:

First of all, what's with all the Sunday notifications? Second of all, HUSBAND JUST GOT WAITLISTED AT BOSTON COLLEGE WHAAAAATTT? This is SUPER unexpected but amazing!

Congrats to you both! 

2 hours ago, littlelotte said:

I got the call this morning too from USC!! I managed to wait until I was off the phone and then bawled :,) 

A totally acceptable reaction. Congrats!!

1 hour ago, clinamen said:

Wow can’t believe all of the news on a Sunday!! Congrats to all the acceptances! I was waitlisted at USC ?

May someone accepted into USC find their nonacademic calling and bow out. Or go somewhere else. Fingers crossed! 

I just randomly checked the Temple application portal and saw "University Acceptance" I am so pleasantly surprised as they seemed to have sent out acceptances two weeks ago!! So pleased but I also just can't believe all this good news is real!! 

3 minutes ago, clinamen said:

I just randomly checked the Temple application portal and saw "University Acceptance" I am so pleasantly surprised as they seemed to have sent out acceptances two weeks ago!! So pleased but I also just can't believe all this good news is real!! 

Niiiiiiiiice :D:D:D !!! 

It sounds like everyone on the boards is doing great this season! I just checked the results page from last year, and looks like Louisville (one of my top top choices) sent out MA acceptances during this week last year. The school fits my diverse interests including lit, rhet/comp, and creative writing so well, and every faculty member I've been in email communications with has been -extremely- friendly. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by katie64

6 hours ago, katie64 said:

It sounds like everyone on the boards is doing great this season! I just checked the results page from last year, and looks like Louisville (one of my top top choices) sent out MA acceptances during this week last year. The school fits my diverse interests including lit, rhet/comp, and creative writing so well, and every faculty member I've been in email communications with has been -extremely- friendly. Fingers crossed. 

I’m so rooting for you!

14 minutes ago, LeeLeeCzechIrish said:

I am dying to know if the Yale acceptance was for English or American Studies-Caleb Smith teaches both...

My assumption is English both because of the program the applicant noted and because last year it was also phone calls from the DGS for acceptances (Caleb Smith is the current English DGS).  

Edit: Last year it did appear to span over a few days, however!

Edited by punctilious