2018 Acceptances

5 minutes ago, signandsignifiers said:
5 minutes ago, Elise Martorano said:

I called Brown and they said that only some of the acceptances had been sent out, and the rest will most likely be coming later today.  I read on one of the forums that the most recent rejection was from somebody who saw all the acceptance and assumed they'd been rejected.

I'm in the same position. Hoping it just means they haven't gotten to everyone yet.

Cool cool, well hopefully we will all be hearing good news!

2 hours ago, midwest-ford said:

Congrats!! So excited for you! My mentor went to Miami and absolutely loved it there (his only gripe was Oxford itself). I'm still waiting for my Miami portal to update!  

good luck! Also mine updated *exactly* at 48 hrs, no sooner or later 

1 hour ago, Elise Martorano said:

I called Brown and they said that only some of the acceptances had been sent out, and the rest will most likely be coming later today.  I read on one of the forums that the most recent rejection was from somebody who saw all the acceptance and assumed they'd been rejected.

The meaning of 'later today' is really going to haunt me until I go to sleep.

11 minutes ago, WildeThing said:

The meaning of 'later today' is really going to haunt me until I go to sleep.

Lol same. I haven't mentioned @Elise Martorano's info to my husband, lest he get his hopes up. Perhaps he already read it, though--he lurks sometimes...

1 hour ago, renea said:

good luck! Also mine updated *exactly* at 48 hrs, no sooner or later 

Good to know, thank you! ...I actually think I received the email exactly 24 hours after you... This is too much precision for me to handle!

I haven't been watching this thread super closely--have you been accepted to other programs yet? 

48 minutes ago, katie64 said:

Anyone else heard from absolutely no schools so far? Just drumming my fingers over here :P Patience is a virtue, I know, I know. It's teaching this over thinker a lesson, that's for sure. 

YES!!! NOTHING!! Very hard

1 hour ago, shuckleberries said:

To the CUNY acceptance: 

Congratulations! I understand your acceptance came way by unofficial email. Do you mind sharing details? Was the email from a professor/admissions chair?

Thank you!

I too would LOVE to have some more info on this.. I'm telling myself not to worry yet and that it is probably just an outlier email from a POI and that the mass email of acceptances will probably go out tomorrow. I'm assuming there would be WAY more acceptances on the results page if CUNY did all of their acceptances (unofficial or not) today. Keeping hope alive that I will get a valentine from CUNY tomorrow :wub:

Is the CUNY result legit? Since it said City College I was wondering whether someone made a mistake or whether it was a different program somehow.

Also, given the time of day, I'm assuming that there are no more Brown acceptances. Then again, there were phone calls over the weekend so who fucking knows how any of this works.

@la_mod CONGRATS!! Another in the bag!

30 minutes ago, WildeThing said:

Is the CUNY result legit? Since it said City College I was wondering whether someone made a mistake or whether it was a different program somehow.

Also, given the time of day, I'm assuming that there are no more Brown acceptances. Then again, there were phone calls over the weekend so who fucking knows how any of this works.

56 minutes ago, clinamen said:

I too would LOVE to have some more info on this.. I'm telling myself not to worry yet and that it is probably just an outlier email from a POI and that the mass email of acceptances will probably go out tomorrow. I'm assuming there would be WAY more acceptances on the results page if CUNY did all of their acceptances (unofficial or not) today. Keeping hope alive that I will get a valentine from CUNY tomorrow :wub:

2 hours ago, shuckleberries said:

To the CUNY acceptance: 

Congratulations! I understand your acceptance came way by unofficial email. Do you mind sharing details? Was the email from a professor/admissions chair?

Thank you!

Hi! Sorry for the late response and the stress! It was me (submitting it for a friend). It was definitely a personalized acceptance so I imagine results will officially be coming out soon!  

Edited by Mellowyellow

4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Hi! Sorry for the late response and the stress! It was me (submitting it for a friend). It was definitely a personalized acceptance so I imagine results will officially be coming out soon!  

Ahhh thank you so much for sharing :)  Fingers crossed!!