2018 Acceptances

5 minutes ago, bigfluffybearcat said:

Got the official acceptance from Arizona's RCTE program! But do you think they're gonna rescind my offer for being so awkward during the phone call? God I wanna die.

Congratulations! Don't worry--I think we're all awkward on our calls, and they know that we're facing big life decisions so I think anything awkward generally gets a pass. Revel in your acceptance! That's an awesome program.

8 minutes ago, bigfluffybearcat said:

Got the official acceptance from Arizona's RCTE program! But do you think they're gonna rescind my offer for being so awkward during the phone call? God I wanna die.

Congratulations!!! I'm sure it was fine--they're the ones trying to convince you now, not the other way around!

13 minutes ago, bigfluffybearcat said:

My cell service cut out twice on one call and I had to do the awkward call-back while they're calling back bullshit ... and I'm still in. Phone calls are just ... there's no good way.

12 minutes ago, EspritHabile said:

Congratulations! Don't worry--I think we're all awkward on our calls, and they know that we're facing big life decisions so I think anything awkward generally gets a pass. Revel in your acceptance! That's an awesome program.

9 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Congratulations!!! I'm sure it was fine--they're the ones trying to convince you now, not the other way around!

4 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

My cell service cut out twice on one call and I had to do the awkward call-back while they're calling back bullshit ... and I'm still in. Phone calls are just ... there's no good way.

Hahaha thanks for the reassurances! I'm not sure how these acceptance phone calls usually go, so I just nodded and said yes and thank you all the time. Perhaps I should've asked questions and tried to chat more? 

Alright now I'm gonna waste precious hours dissecting every word from that phone call and reading too much into it. Don't mind me.

22 minutes ago, bigfluffybearcat said:

Can't be worse than me literally explaining how awkward I am on the phone to a director.... Super congrats!

59 minutes ago, bigfluffybearcat said:

Society tends to privilege extroversion. Hopefully the grad program realizes that. Congrats!

I GOT INTO CUNY THIS MORNING. MY ROOMMATE THINKS I AM A CRAZY PERSON SINCE I STARTED SCREAMING ON A THURSDAY MORNING.

After getting shut out from PhD programs before, this is such welcome, welcome news. I put the details in the Results page for those interested!

3 minutes ago, bpilgrim89 said:

I GOT INTO CUNY THIS MORNING. MY ROOMMATE THINKS I AM A CRAZY PERSON SINCE I STARTED SCREAMING ON A THURSDAY MORNING.

After getting shut out from PhD programs before, this is such welcome, welcome news. I put the details in the Results page for those interested!

OMGGGGGG I am SOOOOO happy for you!!!! That is such fantastic news. Congratulations!!!!

12 minutes ago, Isocrates2.o said:

Society tends to privilege extroversion. Hopefully the grad program realizes that. Congrats!

Amen to that. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, bpilgrim89 said:

MAJOR CONGRATULATIONS!! That's a great program in a great city.

13 minutes ago, Isocrates2.o said:

Absolutely. I'm always telling myself there is no way I'm the most awkward lit grad student. I may be up there in the top 100 or so, but definitely not the winner. ;)

13 minutes ago, bpilgrim89 said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

Wooohooo!!! Congratulations on newest admittances!!

And really, is there a cool way to answer those acceptance calls? Even as an extroverted person, I'm awkward af on the phone. I'm just awkward a little louder.

On 2/13/2018 at 11:15 PM, la_mod said:

email with attached letter. i was really surprised, as i had seen that someone else received an email a few days ago. i think they're staggering them....

and thank you @Warelin, @Crow T. Robot, @FreakyFoucault, @LeeLeeCzechIrish, @punctilious, @Wooshkuh, @Mellowyellow, @Yanaka, @LibraryLivingJT

My fingers are still crossed for USC and UCSB for me!

Congrats on all of your acceptances! As someone else who has taken multiple rounds to get in, this is a huge accomplishment :)

36 minutes ago, bpilgrim89 said:

News like these make my heart fuzzy! Congratulations!

oh WOW--congrats to everyone!! 

Also: I keep getting calls from 610 numbers, somehow convinced myself it might be UPenn (:lol: anxiety :lol:) and finally answered. Just someone hounding me about healthcare. February is a real trip, folks!!! 

34 minutes ago, Wabbajack said:

Wooohooo!!! Congratulations on newest admittances!!

And really, is there a cool way to answer those acceptance calls? Even as an extroverted person, I'm awkward af on the phone. I'm just awkward a little louder.

Yes, I’m also an extrovert. My problem is my mind is going 100000 miles a minute and I’m asking another question when they’re still answering the first one. 

5 minutes ago, mk-8 said:

Yes, I’m also an extrovert. My problem is my mind is going 100000 miles a minute and I’m asking another question when they’re still answering the first one. 

Yes. This so much. Not to derail this to a Myers Briggs discussion, but I'm an ENTP and this is definitely one of flaws. My mind is on to the next idea and the next question a little too soon.

Holy cow I missed a lot of good news!!

Congratulations @Mandasplaining, @hopeleslie @klader @Isocrates2.o @bigfluffybearcat !!!

@la_mod Look at you go!! 

@chellyfish_ I did my undergrad at Riverside and I will never shut up about how it is the absolute best. Orange trees? On Campus? That you can just pick on your way to class? Feel free to ask questions.

@JustPoesieAlong Congratulations on getting into your top choice!!! This is huge

@bpilgrim89 Freaking CUNY!! Congrats!!

39 minutes ago, M(allthevowels)H said:

@chellyfish_ I did my undergrad at Riverside and I will never shut up about how it is the absolute best. Orange trees? On Campus? That you can just pick on your way to class? Feel free to ask questions.

That's amazing -- glad to hear this! :D I might take you up on this offer in the weeks to come! <3