2018 Acceptances

4 hours ago, shamrox said:

This is the gnarly of gnarliest. Whatever will you wear? Jokes. But seriously speaking, can you tell me what track you applied for? Was it Lit? 

Yes, Lit. I've already been thinking about what to wear!

Thank you, @klader! I'm still waiting on UGA. It's later than they've notified in the last couple of years. There's a creative writing track up, but I think they notify at different times, Also waiting of waitlist movement. Pretty confident Emory is a bust since I didn't get invited to interview.

20 minutes ago, Noire et Étrange said:

I've been lurking on this thread for quite a while, and hesitated to contribute as my primary field isn't English, but I just wanted to extend congrats to everyone! I was also accepted to UPenn today!

Congrats!! I swear Philly isn't as wild as recent news makes it seem*

*I might be lying.

46 minutes ago, M(allthevowels)H said:

Congrats!! I swear Philly isn't as wild as recent news makes it seem*

*I might be lying.

I love Philly so much. I’m sad I won’t have longer than a tiny year to enjoy the city. 

On 2/1/2018 at 6:25 AM, Warelin said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XNJR4IhOJ56zd7zLuVSUK7h054dBRNvyiC7iStCOsxo/

Last year, I started the process of making an updated version of funding packages with the help of students accepted into programs. The list isn't complete but I hope it provides a more complete version of what universities expect in exchange for their funding. It is open-access so edits are welcome. :)

Hey, y'all! Have you seen this beast? @Warelin has picked up the effort from years past to update a funding package spreadsheet. If you've got updated info, please drop it in the file. If you're worried about at the tracking, you can add to it anonymously.

3 hours ago, Noire et Étrange said:

I've been lurking on this thread for quite a while, and hesitated to contribute as my primary field isn't English, but I just wanted to extend congrats to everyone! I was also accepted to UPenn today!

Congrats!!

26 minutes ago, maengret said:

Hey, y'all! Have you seen this beast? @Warelin has picked up the effort from years past to update a funding package spreadsheet. If you've got updated info, please drop it in the file. If you're worried about at the tracking, you can add to it anonymously.

Thank you for posting this!

Hi guys, 

Many congratulations to all those who got accepted into their programs. :D

Im new to this forum and I think I’m in the right thread? 

I’m an international student and I visited UPenn while on holiday in the US few weeks ago, which I had a discussion with the director of the program I’m applying for.

My fear now is the deadline is April 1st for fall 2018 admission and from what I’ve read on here departments have sent out most decisions so I wonder if there is still any space on my program so I should still apply or I just wait and apply for spring 2019.

2 hours ago, Dedutchess89 said:

so I should still apply or I just wait and apply for spring 2019.

It's unclear if you have already applied for fall 2018 acceptance? The application deadlines were in December 2017 and January 18, so it's too late to apply for a PhD program for2018 now. And the schools' application systems won't typically open for applications until about September. If you've already applied, good luck!

2 hours ago, Dedutchess89 said:

My fear now is the deadline is April 1st for fall 2018 admission and from what I’ve read on here departments have sent out most decisions so I wonder if there is still any space on my program so I should still apply or I just wait and apply for spring 2019.

Who has the April 1st deadline? Yes, typically ph.d applications are closed, now. MA programs might still be open, though!

Edited by Yanaka

3 hours ago, Dedutchess89 said:

Hi guys, 

Many congratulations to all those who got accepted into their programs. :D

Im new to this forum and I think I’m in the right thread? 

I’m an international student and I visited UPenn while on holiday in the US few weeks ago, which I had a discussion with the director of the program I’m applying for.

Are you applying for an English degree or an Environmental Science degree? :) 

If an ES degree, than I'm afraid that we might not be the best people to answer that question. I think the board below would be able to provide you with much stronger answers though!

https://forum.thegradcafe.com/forum/86-earth-sciences/