2018 Acceptance/Rejection Thread

mynameismyname

I did came a long way to where I am now. There were moments which I will cherish. There are other moments which I will definitely detest.

Anyhow life does not end here. I have tonnes of stories to tell starting from my 1st grade till my Masters. There were wonderful people I met, there were pure ludicrous idiots whom I also met. At the end of the day, if anybody reads this, just remember do not undermine the value of gut reactions. Also if everything becomes overwhelming, take a break.

Good luck.

8 minutes ago, prtrbd said:

Just got a kind of non-decision from Virginia. I guess it was a waitlist, although it didn't include any words like "wait" or "list".

Just the sort of bizarre shenanigan I've come to expect from this process.

What were you told? That you hadn't been rejected or something along those lines?

Edited by SlumberingTrout

5 minutes ago, SlumberingTrout said:

Just the sort of bizarre shenanigan I've come to expect from this process.

What were you told? That you hadn't been rejected or something along those lines?

Basically the email said they liked me and there's a chance, haha. I wrote back to say I hadn't come close to making a decision yet. I do think they're an underrated program but I doubt I would pick them over Notre Dame unless my visit there goes poorly or something.

13 minutes ago, prtrbd said:

Just got a kind of non-decision from Virginia. I guess it was a waitlist, although it didn't include any words like "wait" or "list".

Ah yes, I remember these from when I applied to Law schools a couple of years ago. Something along the lines of "we are not able to make a decision on your admission status at this time", which is basically a fancy way of saying you're waitlisted but don't ask us any more questions about it

3 minutes ago, shifgrethor said:

Ah yes, I remember these from when I applied to Law schools a couple of years ago. Something along the lines of "we are not able to make a decision on your admission status at this time", which is basically a fancy way of saying you're waitlisted but don't ask us any more questions about it

I spent a year in law school! I remember I finally received the rejection from the YLS waitlist while I was already sitting in a dorm room at HLS. It was September.

10 minutes ago, prtrbd said:

I spent a year in law school! I remember I finally received the rejection from the YLS waitlist while I was already sitting in a dorm room at HLS. It was September.

Yeah, as arduous as the PhD application process is, the April 15 deadline is a blessing. And you get to know what your funding will be like before accepting an offer, which is pretty nice too

25 minutes ago, eigenname said:

Someone got wait-listed by Columbia on the FB group*. Is it time? Are we ready?

No i wanna throw up. Checking my email constantly. In a place where i got no phone service either. God im so anxious

Edited by Plslol

9 minutes ago, Prose said:

When does Boston University come out with their decisions?

If the past is any guide it would likely be today or tomorrow. However, many schools were roughly a week late this year compared to normal, so we may have to wait until next week.

3 minutes ago, ThePeon said:

If the past is any guide it would likely be today or tomorrow. However, many schools were roughly a week late this year compared to normal, so we may have to wait until next week.

Wonder if there's a reason schools are taking longer than usual this year. I've been so impatient to hear back from Chapel Hill, they usually release much earlier, but haven't sent out anything yet...

3 minutes ago, eigenname said:

I am giving it 30 minutes and then giving up. For some reason the east coast hates me... :'( 

Do schools typically send them all out at the same time? Im hoping someone is currently writing my acceptance LOL

3 minutes ago, Plslol said:

Do schools typically send them all out at the same time? Im hoping someone is currently writing my acceptance LOL

I think it depends. Some like to do the personalized email thing, but others like to do the mass email thing. (The former was the case for UCSD, the latter for UC Irvine)

3 hours ago, eigenname said:

Warming myself up for the imminent New York rejections - come at me! (Also, stop taking so long!)

Same here, NYU and CUNY are the final schools in this application cycle for me. 

10 minutes ago, quinessloopypun said:

I guess that's it, folks! Congratulations to everyone who got in.

Strange how weve only seen 1 acceptance and 1 waitlist. Maybe im grasping at straw tho lol

And yes, congrats to everyone!

also, as maybe another straw, i emailed lydia goehr months ago about somethin and she replied at 3am, nyc time. Take that for whatever it may be

Edited by Plslol