2018 Acceptance/Rejection Thread

mynameismyname

I'm one of the people who got accepted into Oxford's BPhil program, and I'm still very much in shock. I've gotten official rejections from MIT and Yale so far, and I'm assuming rejections from Cornell, Rutgers, and Toronto, so I've been mentally preparing myself for a shutout. Still waiting to hear from NYU, UCONN, UMASS, and Tufts (masters). And Oxford won't give results about funding until April 13th, so it'll be awhile before I'll know if I can afford it or not.

3 hours ago, yhkim said:

Good to meet someone to share my feelings! All this unorganized process is difficult for students not living in urban areas in the US... though I know it's so lucky to have opportunities to visit at all. A flight from Seoul to the US takes around 11~16 hours, $600~900 for a one way ticket! Crazy. If you are currently employed, that must be crazier...

I'll ask the programs as you recommended. Thanks and wish you good luck with the visits!!

A lot of us share your feelings, I am sure. I am an international applicant (third-world, too) who is currently only waitlisted at Princeton and offered to visit. The flight prices are around the same here and with a downside, too. The flight price (say, $750 on the average) amounts to twice of the monthly minimum wage in my country due to exchange rates. Insane, right?

I don't know whether I will be visiting (depends on what I will hear from other programs), but know at least that I share your feelings.

Edited by quinessloopypun

1 hour ago, quinessloopypun said:

Got waitlisted at Johns Hopkins.

26 minutes ago, PowderedChigurh said:

Same. I'm wondering how realistic it will be to get off of the waitlist. Starting to lose all hope. :unsure:

JHU is my top choice. But I have not heard anything from them. Could I ask you some questions?

1. Are your emails from JHU generic?

2. Do you think that JHU has already sent their acceptances?

Edited by seabiscuit87

11 minutes ago, seabiscuit87 said:

JHU is my top choice. But I have not heard anything from them. Could I ask you some questions?

1. Are your emails from JHU generic?

2. Do you think that JHU has already sent their acceptances?

I don't think they've already sent out acceptances, at least not according to this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SRzi0yWPt4UUoGZWLhxAfIbquygHAIKoLyAyCN9j4BI/edit#gid=0

But I can't say for sure. 

The email I received was thorough but also read as generic. I would be curious to hear from others on the waitlist as to whether their email is generic. 

update: am seeing some acceptances come out now. 

Edited by PowderedChigurh
update to grad cafe

15 minutes ago, PowderedChigurh said:

I don't think they've already sent out acceptances, at least not according to this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SRzi0yWPt4UUoGZWLhxAfIbquygHAIKoLyAyCN9j4BI/edit#gid=0

But I can't say for sure. 

The email I received was thorough but also read as generic. I would be curious to hear from others on the waitlist as to whether their email is generic. 

Thank you. An applicant has just posted his acceptance at JHU.:( But the applicant also said that he or she would likely reject the offer. Good luck to all!

Edited by seabiscuit87

Is there anyone who was accepted or waitlisted at Fordham who plans to decline? I was waitlisted there and I'm really hoping to get an offer. It would be an excellent fit and I'm not sure if I'll have any other offers at this point. 

Edited by Needle In The Hay

6 minutes ago, Needle In The Hay said:

Is there anyone who was accepted or waitlisted at Fordham who plans to decline? I was waitlisted there, and I'm really hoping to get an offer. It would be an excellent fit, and I'm not sure if I'll have any other offers at this point. 

I know of someone who has been accepted but will (barring some strange unforeseen event) decline sometime soon.

15 minutes ago, Needle In The Hay said:

Is there anyone who was accepted or waitlisted at Fordham who plans to decline? I was waitlisted there, and I'm really hoping to get an offer. It would be an excellent fit, and I'm not sure if I'll have any other offers at this point. 

I've been waitlisted there and intend to turn Fordham down if they give me an offer...unless funding doesn't work out at NIU! 

Edited by soproperlybasic

How do we feel about schools which have sent out acceptances but no rejections or waitlists? E.g., UC Riverside, Florida State University, and University of Virginia have all sent out only acceptances. Is this a pretty good sign that only rejections and waitlists will be forthcoming?