2018 Acceptance/Rejection Thread

mynameismyname

4 minutes ago, prtrbd said:

Congratulations! I regret not applying there. I really like Stathis Psillos.

Thank you! I'd thought I was rejected based on the initial wave of acceptances, but I suspect they went out to Canadian students first.

I really like Psillos too, but I think he went back to Athens a few years ago, if I am not wrong. I am mainly hoping to work with the philosophers of physics and historians of philosophy/science there at Rotman. Ultimately it'll come down to funding though :( 

50 minutes ago, eigenname said:

Hoping that ND isn't done with their acceptances. Only know of 2 phone call acceptances at the moment so that gives me hope, given their average intake is ~10 people... 

I hope so too! I don't want think too much of it, but it seems like those of us who haven't heard back from ND yet might be at least waitlisted. It'd be odd if they sent out rejections first before sending out acceptances, only to send out more rejections after the acceptances.

6 minutes ago, SophiaIsBae said:

Their DGS told me that they were giving me an early acceptance because I was nominated me for a fellowship.

Thank you, that's somewhat comforting to hear! :) Did they mention when they'll give out the remaining offers?

Edited by eigenname

17 minutes ago, SophiaIsBae said:

Their DGS told me that they were giving me an early acceptance because I was nominated me for a fellowship.

Congratulations! I guess the more important question is whether they are done with the rejections? Was there any hint that they were?

2 hours ago, Philosophical_Faerie said:

Has anybody heard something from UC Santa Barbara? 

One of my colleagues got accepted back in January (!). They were on the plane for admitted students visit day yesterday so I would assume things are already out :/