2018 Acceptance/Rejection Thread

mynameismyname

22 minutes ago, dogman1212 said:

UCSD

It looks like they changed their application deadline to January 19th this year. Though I am sure it was January 2nd. In any case, this might be the reason why they're taking long. Though I hardly understand it. Moreover, it seems like there are just a lot of applicants this year to programs. Or so I've been told from many programs similarly ranked to UCSD. Here's hoping they come by the end of this week. I am expecting the same for UM-Amherst.

Worth mentioning is that UCSD departs from the tradition of having an explicit waitlist. They'll probably offer admission to more than usual in the belief that some might not come, even though they'd really want them to.

Edited by Philodoxia

17 minutes ago, Philodoxia said:

It looks like they changed their application deadline to January 19th this year. Though I am sure it was January 2nd. In any case, this might be the reason why they're taking long. Though I hardly understand it. Moreover, it seems like there are just a lot of applicants this year to programs. Or so I've been told from many programs similarly ranked to UCSD. Here's hoping they come by the end of this week. I am expecting the same for UM-Amherst.

Worth mentioning is that UCSD departs from the tradition of having an explicit waitlist. They'll probably offer admission to more than usual in the belief that some might not come, even though they'd really want them to.

Looks like they waitlisted 12 people last year.

45 minutes ago, machineghost said:

Looks like they waitlisted 12 people last year.

"It is also worth pointing out that UC San Diego Philosophy does not operate with a waitlist (as do some other programs); this makes our acceptance rate appear slightly higher than programs that do."

From the horse's mouth. So now I'm not confident in my belief. Or maybe they just need to update their website. 

18 minutes ago, Philodoxia said:

"It is also worth pointing out that UC San Diego Philosophy does not operate with a waitlist (as do some other programs); this makes our acceptance rate appear slightly higher than programs that do."

From the horse's mouth. So now I'm not confident in my belief. Or maybe they just need to update their website. 

Yeah it looks like they haven’t updated their website in a while. 

OMG I was staring at the wrong place:

I was hoping to talk to you on the phone, but since you might not be in the US, I wasn’t sure when would be the best time to call.

So let me start by attaching the following letter, which I hope you find to be of interest.

Once you’ve read the letter, let me say: CONGRATULATIONS!

If you’d like to to talk about our offer — terms can be confusing, but this is our typical package — I’d be happy to do so. Just let me know when would be good and what number I should try to reach you at.

I look forward to talking to you soon.

Best,
Eric Watkins
Edited by eigenname

4 minutes ago, eigenname said:

I was hoping to talk to you on the phone, but since you might not be in the US, I wasn’t sure when would be the best time to call.

So let me start by attaching the following letter, which I hope you find to be of interest.

If you’d like to to talk about our offer — terms can be confusing, but this is our typical package — I’d be happy to do so. Just let me know when would be good and what number I should try to reach you at.

Best,
Eric Watkins

Congratulations!!!

10 minutes ago, eigenname said:

Best,
Eric Watkins

Congratulations! By the look of things, you might double up tonight with the incoming Notre Dame announcements.

Edited by quinessloopypun

Hi All,

First time poster, but I've been following the thread for a while.

I'm in at Notre Dame via phone call, and was wondering if anyone else who got in has not received the follow-up email? He said it'd be sent right off, so I'm just wondering if I should follow up.

Most likely rejected at Duke but I don't know for sure since their process to view your decision letter is stupidly obtuse and complex. 

Edited by Zimmy64

So I still haven't heard anything at all from UCLA, and it's been about 24 hours since all of those waitlist emails were reported. Anyone else in the same situation? I'm starting to get nervous about the possibility that they've forgotten about me.

Edited by Stencil