Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) / Projected Rejections

A whole slew of UT Austin acceptances on the board, congrats!!! I applied, but I'm not even going to be a little bit surprised if I'm rejected, so I don't feel too bad about it. Although there might be some tears out of sheer exhaustion when I get the official rejection.

I would love to go there for my PhD though since they have faculty that combine some of my specific interests, so I'll definitely apply again.

Edited by turtleducks

While I’m not surprised by the implied Chicago and Boston College rejections (BC was by far the weakest fit), it’ll be more painful to get rejections from here on out!

Who else is waiting on/hoping for a first acceptance?

3 hours ago, punctilious said:

While I’m not surprised by the implied Chicago and Boston College rejections (BC was by far the weakest fit), it’ll be more painful to get rejections from here on out!

Who else is waiting on/hoping for a first acceptance?

Hoping for is an understatement, ha

17 minutes ago, chellyfish_ said:

Oh dear, anyone else get that ominous email from Stanford about checking your online app at 5:30PST for your decision letter?  This method of turning projected rejections into literal ones is so odd and specific it's....almost funny? :P

Yes! Why did they do it like that!? Can’t wait to see all of the results updates at 5:45....

26 minutes ago, chellyfish_ said:

Oh dear, anyone else get that ominous email from Stanford about checking your online app at 5:30PST for your decision letter?  This method of turning projected rejections into literal ones is so odd and specific it's....almost funny? :P

No?? But I am very glad I just bought a pint of ice cream.

Edit: Ah, it went to spam. Good sign...

Edited by unicornsarereal

43 minutes ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

Womp womp. Rice rejection email. I had lots of doubts about whether it was a good fit, since they're not huge into early modern. First official rejection so far.

Sorry friend. Even if they aren’t good fits or you feel like it’s a long shot, it always hurts to be rejected. 

On 2/3/2018 at 7:06 PM, CulturalCriminal said:

Anyone else already strategizing for next year applications, despite still waiting to hear back from at least one program?

Yes...with no idea where I am going to be now, two kids to think about...and coming back from an undergrad stint in the UK I can’t really afford lol...happy times!

On 2/3/2018 at 3:42 PM, la_mod said:

Hoping for is an understatement, ha

Same here.

Waiting on seven now.

Edited by D13charlie

5 minutes ago, menalta17 said:

LOL All of them. Every single one of them. 

Again. 

Can't win for losing.

If I didn't have an amazing job and a life that's finally starting to launch, I'd be pissed to tears.

Are you shut out? :( Are you waiting on any more?