2019 Graduate Entrants

quineonthevine

What in the world is going on in the results search today? Someone is asking for a wife, someone else sent a "box of minerals" (?) to Berkeley, someone else got the worlds harshest rejection from Yale...??? These are just the highlights...

Just now, Dysexlia said:

What in the world is going on in the results search today? Someone is asking for a wife, someone else sent a "box of minerals" (?) to Berkeley, someone else got the worlds harshest rejection from Yale...??? These are just the highlights...

The spam finally hit philosophy. There have been requests on Facebook to make it stop. We've had it pretty good this year compared to other disciplines, but hopefully it stops after this short outburst.

Just now, ringoandme said:

The spam finally hit philosophy. There have been requests on Facebook to make it stop. We've had it pretty good this year compared to other disciplines, but hopefully it stops after this short outburst.

Ah spam. 

28 minutes ago, Dysexlia said:

I personally found it pretty funny.

But I can understand why it wouldn't be for all of us still anxiously refreshing for real news.

15 minutes ago, theophaniac said:

I personally found it pretty funny.

But I can understand why it wouldn't be for all of us still anxiously refreshing for real news.

I also thought it was really funny.

10 minutes ago, SexandtheHaecceity said:

Anyone know what's going on with Fordham? Big rejection wave last Thurs and now total radio silence. Anyone else still waiting with me on this one? It's an unusual pattern for them.

I'm right there with you... I keep checking the portal but there's nothing. Based on the results page from previous years it looks like they sometimes do two waves of rejections, one earlier and another later. I hope that's not the case.. 

7 minutes ago, Monk_Fudge said:

I'm right there with you... I keep checking the portal but there's nothing. Based on the results page from previous years it looks like they sometimes do two waves of rejections, one earlier and another later. I hope that's not the case.. 

I did see one report of a rejection yesterday. Did it actually go out yesterday or did they just fuck up the date? Who knows. 

On 2/20/2019 at 3:07 PM, SexandtheHaecceity said:

Anyone know what's going on with Fordham? Big rejection wave last Thurs and now total radio silence. Anyone else still waiting with me on this one? It's an unusual pattern for them.

To my knowledge, they were aiming to get decisions out by the end of Feb (but I could be 100% wrong, I'm just inferring this from an assignment I'm working on for prospectives as a GA to the chair)

Edited by soproperlybasic