2019 Graduate Entrants

quineonthevine

3 hours ago, Kelvindison said:

I've checked the spreadsheet and it appears as "Interview?". I think it only means that Chicago probably will request an interview.

Kinda. It means that I didn't have enough data points to be 100% certain that Chicago was switching over to interviews ? Part of the problem of having incomplete data. 

14 hours ago, gradhopeful96 said:

Has anyone else been having second thoughts lately and wished they applied to more programs?? haha nothing better to do than just think of all the what if’s while waiting to hear from schools ? 

Hi, I have been stalking this forum for a while and I finally made an account because the anticipation is killing me and this gives me something to do. I'm right there with you ?

Edited by semiotic_mess

10 hours ago, The_Last_Thylacine said:

BUT YOU JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO VANDERBILT YESTERDAY! 

hahaha yes I did lol and I’m super happy about it haha, my brain just overthinks and gets scared that that will be my only acceptance. Vanderbilt is a great program and I’d love to go there but it’s that phenomenon of wishing you had an option between two places to make it meaningful you know?? hahah that probably doesn’t make a lot of sense but serial anxiety here says it does ?

11 hours ago, practically_mi said:

Best of luck!

I haven't heard anything so guess I can count myself out since they don't do a waitlist. 15 schools to go though...

Hi there, just saw that you are currently in a UK master program, would you mind if I PM you about the experience? I am just so anxious now and think I should apply to some more!

9 hours ago, MtnDuck said:

Kinda. It means that I didn't have enough data points to be 100% certain that Chicago was switching over to interviews ? Part of the problem of having incomplete data. 

I wasn' referring to this though: someone added a note under "University of Chicago" (first page of the spreadsheet I think?) saying that interview requests were out. For some reason I can't see it now that I'm on my iPad but on my computer it appeared as added by a [].

Edited by practically_mi

2 hours ago, gradhopeful96 said:

hahaha yes I did lol and I’m super happy about it haha, my brain just overthinks and gets scared that that will be my only acceptance. Vanderbilt is a great program and I’d love to go there but it’s that phenomenon of wishing you had an option between two places to make it meaningful you know?? hahah that probably doesn’t make a lot of sense but serial anxiety here says it does ?

Nope, I totally get it! I was just hoping your excitement about the acceptance could get you through the weekend before anxiety set in again! 

7 minutes ago, The_Last_Thylacine said:

Nope, I totally get it! I was just hoping your excitement about the acceptance could get you through the weekend before anxiety set in again! 

naw this dude str8 h8in lmao

42 minutes ago, antianticlimacus said:

I haven't heard anything and I'm assuming that it is since a waitlist went out. Anything is possible, though! 

yep, same! Probably better to assume a silent rejection than wait on an acceptance but idk

3 hours ago, Anti-Climacus said:

Damn. I haven't heard anything from Northwestern ? Is it plausible to assume that it's a rejection?

Northwestern is closed at the moment due to weather. The optimistic part of me is hoping that's the reason we haven't heard back. 
(https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2019/01/northwestern-to-close-campus-due-to-weather/)

However, based on past years, their rejections come 3-4 days after acceptances so.....